·
Constitution Conservative
2,581 Posts
Oh man, do those look yummy!
I hope they smoke up real nice.

·
SaltWaterDave
1,849 Posts
That's looking mmm mmm good. I made sausage yesterday but I couldn't find any casings on this side of town so I just did pounds and pounds of patty sausage. Did you order your casings or do you find them locally?

Be nice , do the right thing, be good to people , have a good time.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's looking mmm mmm good. I made sausage yesterday but I couldn't find any casings on this side of town so I just did pounds and pounds of patty sausage. Did you order your casings or do you find them locally?

i live in Galveston, tx. there are several shops around here that have supplies, even a couple grocery stores. the hard thing to find here is pork fat. must be a lot of sausage makin goin on here. first 3 places i looked didn't have it. 4th place didn't have any, but were trimming some later that day and saved 8lb for me. charged a dollar a pound for something they usually throw away. i'm in the wrong business. i use wild pork and it's pretty lean, so pure fat has to be added or the links are too dry. i must be getting better at this. my wife is eating it this time.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

Only place I know that sells fresh casings in the area is Kevin at the butcher shoppe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts