Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right we are looking at a 3 fish wieigh in. AJ, GROUPER and Trigger.

Like some of the other rules if someone has ALL 3 SPECIES then the totatl weight applys. Doesn't matter if you have a 80lb AJ and they only have a 25lb AJ. WHoever has all 3 species wins.

If noboby has all 3 species then it drops to 2 and you your 80lb AJ may come in handy. LOL

What do yo think.

Meeting placed is going to be SHERMAN COVE. THERE will be burger at the end and beer but it is BYOB. LOL.

We are looking at the times of 6AM and 4PM.

$25 per BOAT, not angler, and if folks want to runt o the rigs than so be it. This is a BRAG only tourny and whatever little money is put in the pot.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FORGOT TO ADD.......... I will carry my Sirius raido so I will be ablel to update anyone on the SEC GAMES...............

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I guess it will be a 2 boat tourney?

Anyone interested in a little wager???

Or all pretend to catch fish ???????:poke

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hey Murph, I am down for a friendly tourny, but I would like to see the time pushed back a little. I am usually fishing for another hour or so at that time. I like your idea of a 3 fish weigh in. I think you could set it up where the biggest AJ gets 3 points, second biggest gets 2 points, and third gets 1 point do that for each species and make total weight the tie breaker. Not that there will be a tie:poke

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ocean Man (11/8/2007)Hey Murph, I am down for a friendly tourny, but I would like to see the time pushed back a little. I am usually fishing for another hour or so at that time. I like your idea of a 3 fish weigh in. I think you could set it up where the biggest AJ gets 3 points, second biggest gets 2 points, and third gets 1 point do that for each species and make total weight the tie breaker. Not that there will be a tie:poke
As long as it is SIMPLE. LOL

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Sirius radio huh. You should be more concerned about the fish you ain't catchin instead of listening to your Tarnished Tide loosin again! Ejection boy ain't gonna be much good to ya either with his head in the cooler and I believe Stalked Mark will be preoccupied lookin thru binoculers for his buddy.:moon:moon:moon

You asked for it Murph so here it is. Let the Trash Talkin begin:moon Who else wants a shot at the title:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Get'em Dan

Weather is looking good for Saturday.

Bouyweather.com has it:

<TABLE borderColor=#6ebada cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=3><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=220><DIV align=center>Friday 11/9 </DIV><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Morning</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE height=90><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: NE 4 to 5 knots
Seas: ESE 0 feet at 5 sec. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Afternoon</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE height=90><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: ENE 1 to 2 knots
Seas: ESE 0 feet at 4 sec. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=5 bgColor=#d6d6d6> </TD><TD width=220><DIV align=center>Saturday 11/10 </DIV><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Morning</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE height=90><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: NW 7 to 9 knots
Seas: N 0 feet at 0 sec.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Afternoon</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
Winds: NNW 5 to 7 knots
Seas: ESE 0 feet at 4 sec. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=1 border=0 vspace="4"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=95></TD><TD align=middle>Thu
2pm</TD><TD align=middle>Thu
8pm</TD><TD align=middle>Fri
2am</TD><TD align=middle>Fri
8am</TD><TD align=middle>Fri
2pm</TD><TD align=middle>Fri
8pm</TD><TD align=middle>Sat
2am</TD><TD align=middle>Sat
8am</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom bgColor=#cccccc><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=95 bgColor=#cccccc height=80>WIND
RANGE
(knots)

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>GUST</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#6ebada height=20>AVG</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>7</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=58>5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>4</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=33>3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>5</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=42>4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>5</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=44>4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=20>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>7</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=54>5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>9</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=68>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>9</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=70>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=95>WIND DIRECTION</TD><TD align=middle>

ENE</TD><TD align=middle>

NE</TD><TD align=middle>

SW</TD><TD align=middle>

W</TD><TD align=middle>

NW</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom bgColor=#cccccc><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=95 height=80>WAVE
HEIGHTS
(ft)

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>MAX</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#6ebada height=20>AVG</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>1.1</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=60>0.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.9</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=50>0.7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=41>0.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.3</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=31>0.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.3</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=28>0.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.4</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=34>0.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.4</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=33>0.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.3</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=31>0.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=95>PERIOD</TD><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>5</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>0</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=95>PRIMARY DIRECTION</TD><TD align=middle>

NE</TD><TD align=middle>

ESE</TD><TD align=middle>

N</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And the NOAA 20-60 mi forecast has it:

FRIDAY
WINDS VARIABLE LESS THAN 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT OR LESS.
BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS SMOOTH.

FRIDAY NIGHT
WINDS VARIABLE LESS THAN 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 FOOT OR
LESS. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS SMOOTH.

SATURDAY
WINDS VARIABLE LESS THAN 10 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST
AROUND 10 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL
WATERWAYS SMOOTH.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST
AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS AND COASTAL WATERWAYS SMOOTH.

And the Navy site looks like its calling for 1ft or so for now.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Seems as though there is no challenge from the boat your fishing on Murph. Its all good,fear is a very powerful emotion. :moon

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'll let our cooler do the talking.....

Here is an update on the weather for Saturday.

bouyweather.com

<TABLE borderColor=#6ebada cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=3><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=220><DIV align=center>Friday 11/9 </DIV><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Morning</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE height=90><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: NNE 6 to 8 knots
Seas: ESE 0 feet at 5 sec. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Afternoon</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
Winds: NE 2 to 3 knots
Seas: ESE 0 feet at 4 sec. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=5 bgColor=#d6d6d6> </TD><TD width=220><DIV align=center>Saturday 11/10 </DIV><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Morning</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
Winds: NNW 8 to 11 knots
Seas: N 0 feet at 0 sec.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV align=center><U>Afternoon</U></DIV></TD><TD width=20>
Winds: N 5 to 6 knots
Seas: E 0 feet at 4 sec. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=1 border=0 vspace="4"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=95></TD><TD align=middle>Fri
8am</TD><TD align=middle>Fri
2pm</TD><TD align=middle>Fri
8pm</TD><TD align=middle>Sat
2am</TD><TD align=middle>Sat
8am</TD><TD align=middle>Sat
2pm</TD><TD align=middle>Sat
8pm</TD><TD align=middle>Sun
2am</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom bgColor=#cccccc><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=95 bgColor=#cccccc height=80>WIND
RANGE
(knots)

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>GUST</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#6ebada height=20>AVG</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>8</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=50>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>3</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=20>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>5</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=30>4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>9</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=51>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>11</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=64>8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=37>5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>9</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=50>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>15</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=90>11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=95>WIND DIRECTION</TD><TD align=middle>

NNE</TD><TD align=middle>

NE</TD><TD align=middle>

SSW</TD><TD align=middle>

WNW</TD><TD align=middle>

NNW</TD><TD align=middle>

N</TD><TD align=middle>

N</TD><TD align=middle>

ENE</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom bgColor=#cccccc><TD vAlign=center align=middle width=95 height=80>WAVE
HEIGHTS
(ft)

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>MAX</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#6ebada height=20>AVG</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.4</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=27>0.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.2</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=23>0.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=20>0.1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.3</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=25>0.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.5</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=29>0.4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.1</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=20>0.1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>0.3</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=25>0.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD align=middle width=29><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>1.2</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=18 bgColor=#6ebada height=46>0.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=95>PERIOD</TD><TD align=middle>5</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>0</TD><TD align=middle>0</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>0</TD><TD align=middle>0</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=95>PRIMARY DIRECTION</TD><TD align=middle>

N</TD><TD align=middle>

N</TD><TD align=middle>

E</TD><TD align=middle>

N</TD><TD align=middle>

N</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NOAA 20-60 miles out

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING EAST LATE.
SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

And the Navy site is calling for 1ft all day.:letsparty:letsparty

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like smooth seas MATT........ I guess it is just us. :letsdrink

Talk to you on the VHF around 6:30 or so.....

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Well we got our 3 species so Pay Up Sucka!:moon

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, sounds like you got us. Still need to see pixs of at least two species. We only got one. :banghead

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I will post a report in a while with pic's for you Murph. I had a good time and it ended up smoothing out nicely out there.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was just ribbing Matt. I believe ya'll. Let me see what next weeks sked looks like and I will get with you. Hope I have Wed. off if not I will hook up with TRASH TALKING DAN this weekend. LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts