Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Saturday Updates....

4K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  Patoz 
#1 ·
The site is back up but we are currently working on some image issues and configuration issues. Everything should be back to normal by the end of today!!!

Thanks for your patience!

#11 ·
Hi,I'm the lead developer for InstantForum.NET and have been helping Chris with the updates today.

The slow load times i suspect was due to me applying some updates to improve search performance.

This should now be resolved and as Chris is a managed customer with us you'll only see this forum get quicker over the coming days as we continue to optimize. Thanks to everyone for your patience.

Great community you have here :)

Regards,

Ryan Healey
www.instantasp.co.uk </p>

#13 ·
Looks good so far,but just in case you haven't noticed, the text editor (or whatever it's called) is not allowing a space after a comma is typed i.e. PFF,a great forum... instead of PFF,(space)a great forum... It also changed the old post.</p>

Thanks for all of your hard work!</p>

#15 ·
Patoz (18/04/2010)

Looks good so far,but just in case you haven't noticed,the text editor (or whatever it's called) is not allowing a space after a comma is typed i.e. PFF,a great forum... instead of PFF,(space)a great forum... It also changed the old post.</p>

Thanks for all of your hard work!</p>
I thought I did a typo but I can see that you are correct! I'm sure we can get this resolved soon!

#16 ·
Chris, Thanks for All the work you have put into this forum over the years. I still remember when you said there was a new forum, come check it out. WOW..... I don't think anyone could have envisioned what PFF would have grown to. It has went from a few locals talking about what's hitting to becoming a well respected internationally respected forum on the general outdoors with the sport of fishing taking the lead.:) I know we all say it and sometimes it sounds repetitive and common but sincerely..... THANK YOU.

And Ryan....THANK YOU for the work you are putting into this WITH Chris to add the improvements You guys are working on.

#18 ·
And if you had thewebsite in your favorites,you might need to redo it. I kept clicking on my old favoite and it was giving me a runtime error. So I thought the forum was still down. But when I went to google and searched for the site,it came up fine. I think the site I had on my favorites was a longer URL that no longer worked.

And also the threadsection is gone from the thread when you use the recent posts option. It used to tell you what section the post was in on the summary page. Now there is no way to know which section the thread is in without opening it when using the recent posts button. Just an observation.

Looks good. I especially like the fact that it no longer double spaces the text in IE.

#19 ·
I was unable to log in from my favorites....and aren't able to log into all my saved post in my favorites:(...I guess I will try and do searches and try to find them and save the new address into my favorites....thanks for your hard work on the forum Chris...it is very much appreciated.

#22 ·
first and foremost, thanksfor allyour hard work in giving us a place to rant, chat, brag, and whine. i have only been a member for a short time, and have been welcomed by a great group of people.
i access the site through motorolla droid. as you can see by my post, there are some mobile issues. i was curious if you guys were aware. beyond the slow download, which is a mobile issue in itself, i cant post topics, the site also will not accept any alt or shift commands. everything else you guys are adressing.

again, thanks for all the hard work, the new format is enjoyable to explore.

#24 ·
I notice that some have their avatars on this site and others don't. Do we have to move them over to the new site and place them in our profile or is that one of the things that is still being worked on???

I want to add my thanks to all the others on the forum. I have learned a great deal about fishing the salt and I have found quite a few good items which I have bought on the different classified sections.

Thanks for the service and the forum, it is greatly appreciated by me!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.