Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally we'd planned to go out offshore but when we got out around 7:30 out of P'cola Pass it was just a little to rough for us to trek it out in our boat. So we decided to go inshore instead. There were tons of Blues around the pass and we caught a bunch, which are very fun on light tackle:letsdrink. Then we decided to hit around the 3 Mile and stayed there for a little while with not too much biting. After that we trolled around for a few minutes and the drag started singing. Got that red in and he was just over slot. There was a bunch of other reds following him to the boat so we threw whatever we had on our poles out and before we knew it, we had 4 reds on at once. A little while later, we had them all to the boat and were all over the slot, but still very fun. We trolled around the same area for a little bit more but I guess the school moved off. We then headed in with no fish but had a fun time. And of course we forgot the camera, so no pics:doh

·
Registered
448 Posts
nice report. Just thinking about how they follow each other to the boat makes me want to get on the water. too bad I'm going back to MS in the morning.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey firstcatch, we were at # Mile Bridge too and had a field day with the White Trout rodeo. We brought dinner home for tonight, but didn't get the thrill we were looking for either.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Tim ,

No I am not first catch, but I was also in the bay on saturday . I have never seen a school of reds that big in my life .If there was 1 there were probably a few thousand. We caught one in the slot that was a perfect 27 along with several in the 30 to 35 pound range.It only lasted about 30 minutes or so and they were back on the bottom. All were caught on various soft plastics. Bull reds are pretty easy to catch around the bridge this time of year. Try a gulp shrimp and dead stick it and they will eat.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
todd in the bay (12/4/2007)Hey firstcatch, we were at # Mile Bridge too and had a field day with the White Trout rodeo. We brought dinner home for tonight, but didn't get the thrill we were looking for either.
For some reason, the white trout weren't biting for us. Usually they do but not that time. At least you didn't get skunked!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts