Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing out behind the nautilus condos around 3 o clock today. I was talking to a couple of out of towners when I saw my rod bending. After a decent fight, ended up pulling in a nice slot black drum.

While I was landing the drum, I noticed my rod with my brand new Penn battle bending so far down, the tip almost hit the sand. In my head I knew the rod was going to fly into the ocean, so I asked one of the guys I was talking to to grab it. He obliged me, and I finished landing the drum, while he saved my Penn.

He's talking to me the whole time, telling me he had never fished, so I took over shortly after he grabbed my pole. After a 10 minute, drag screaming, knee deep wading fight, I landed a nice 34" bull red with about 10 snow birds around me cheering me on. Best day out yet. Pics to follow if I can figure it out

·
DFW Fisherman
141 Posts
Nice catch! When are you thinking about going next? I'm wondering how this weather will affect the fishing from the shore?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too cold for me this weekend unfortunately. I probably won't get out again until February. As for the cold weather affecting fishing, I haven't been doing it long enough to know anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts