Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good luck Stapes!

I will be out there this evening and tomorrow.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm down and out...no deer again. I need to find a new spot...haven't seen any kind of movement the last 10 times I have been out

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back up in a tree...an area I have never been to before. Lets hope I get lucky this afternoon and stick one!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Are you hunting creek crossings at all? I've had the best luck on Eglin on the creek close to the crossings. Usually if you walk the Creek you will find where they are crossing and most of the time it's a really heavy trail. What unit are you hunting in?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was up in H1 and H2 east river archery unit today. I honestly don't know many spots on Eglin other than h1-h5. Lol.

·
Praedator
10,212 Posts
I was up in H1 and H2 east river archery unit today. I honestly don't know many spots on Eglin other than h1-h5. Lol.

I've hunted in there a few times without seeing a dang thing. I think that it will be a decent spot at the end of the season. That's my take on it at least. I have seen tracks all in there. Just have not seen a deer in there yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive never seen hardly any deer in there in many sits. I finally figured out its a waste of time. You gotta get up to blackwater or jackson south. I have seen 5-10 deer each sit since Ive started hunting there. Ive killed a big hog and a spike in 5 sits in Jackson south.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea that's a pretty good haul from Navarre but I know what you're talking about...I hunted JS opening day with a buddy and missed a doe...sat in a different spot that Sunday and saw another doe at 65 yards. I have no idea where to even begin with Blackwater so I don't go up that way unless we get a group of guys together for rifle season. Have hunted just about every weekend since and haven't seen anything since opening weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts