Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We headed out to east side fads and hit all 4 (5,6,7 and 8). Mahi was everywhere out there Probably caught 45 to 50 and kept 26. My buddy followed us out with his family and caught around 30 and kept 21. Look forward to many fish tacos at home off this trip and already went down to the marina at Baytowne and had them fix some. We trolled for 3 hours on way back for wahoo and picked up one Mahi. Such a great trip we covered around 200 miles total round trip! Rigs are up next, but going to try and do a black fin tuna and wahoo run this Friday before heading back to Athens, Ga.....

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,438 Posts
Nice catch, had to been nothing but FUN !!!

What were you using for them? Trolling Lures, Natural/Live Bait?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice catch, had to been nothing but FUN !!!

What were you using for them? Trolling Lures, Natural/Live Bait?
We used live bait drifting within 100 yards of Fad but my buddies family had limited live bait and caught them on frozen cigar minnows..... We could have caught over a 100 without much effort they were hungry!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Nice trip! sounds like a blast

Reactions: Fishing Dawg

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
long drive from atl. but looks like it was worth it. congrats on the meat run.
my son's in canton. where you at?
jack

Reactions: Fishing Dawg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice box. Different story where we were at in the west side. They were slow to bite and acting lethargic. But they could have been worked too much before us. Nonetheless nice work!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice box. Different story where we were at in the west side. They were slow to bite and acting lethargic. But they could have been worked too much before us. Nonetheless nice work!
Definitely a lot of boats out there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts