Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out around 9:30 and worked the outgoing tide line near the Coast Guard station. Thick glass minnow bait balls were gettin slammed by hardtails and schoolie spanish. After boating a few keeper spanish, I finally got a decent sized one on the line. About 10 feet from the boat, I could finally get a good look at my 2-3lb spanish when suddenly a 100lb+ Tarpon rolled out and sucked in my spanish whole. Luckily my Gotcha plug tore out of the spanish before heading down into the Tarpon's throat. Of course, I was pretty excited at seeing my first Tarpon of the year but before I could regroup from the comotion, 3-4 more 100lb+ Tarpon started rolling the surface right at the boat mostly hitting the hardtails and probably a mouthfull of glass minnows. Naturally, I only had light tackle on the boat so the Tarpon continued making their leisurely rolls on the surface within spitting distance from my boat :doh.

The day ended with 5 spanish, 4 nice sizedbluefish, and several sets of ladyfish gills :) at the cost of one gotcha plug and 5 gallons of gas.

Gig

1 - 1 of 1 Posts