Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's freakin cold, I'm tired, and trying to be dedicated. Get your asses up people the deer are taking over. Updates soon.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,577 Posts
Got my 5yo up here in AL. He missed a big ole nanny last night. Fixing to get him up. Got to get out and redeem ourselves this morn. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sittin in a tree in BW. I made sure i brought enough clothes this morning. Im bundled up like its the middle of January.

·
PFF Official Referee
5,257 Posts
I tied a good one on last night boys..might go this pm but probably not. Might head up to Bass Pro...I'll be out there tomorrow and Monday...git 'er dead fellas!!!

Sent from the tree stand...

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lost signal. Saw 1 skittish Nannie this morning. Headed to a different stand this evening.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the stand less than twenty minutes and three does show up. Then I spot horns coming through the woods. It's a small 6 point and real nice 7. The 7 is probably 16-17 inches wide, nice horns. I watch for twenty minutes until he gives me the shot and I release at twenty yards quartering away. Nice loud whack and arrow is in the ground. He bucks and runs. I climb down just to look at the arrow. I can't believe what I see. One pinhead speck of meat on my arrow. No blood. I wait and check the area. Nothing! I'm sick. Would have been my biggest bow buck.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no idea after looking at this arrow. After the shot I would have bet a paycheck I killed this deer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts