Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we headed out sat morning towards the edge,put the lines in justbefore the chevron rig and trolled towards the drop off.bout a mile or so after lines in the shotgun line took off,ran hard about 20 yards then turned around and ran straight towards the boat.thought i lost it cause she was coming in faster than i could take up the line.a perfect gaff shot from my cousin and she was in the box.couldnt buy another bite rest of the day but still a good day on the water.gonna be a good supper tonite too!:hungry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reelsmooth,what i do when i fish the edge is go to the chevron rig( N 30° 04.244'
W 087° 02.118'),troll over it,then troll due east,youll see the depth go from about 130' to 300'in a fairly steep drop.that is the edge,then troll from deep side toshallow side in a zig zag pattern.we didnt see any blackfin,after the 'hoo we didnt see much of anything.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
tidefanjam (11/20/2007)blue and white illander flash series with a horse ballyhoo
what speed do you guys troll this setup??

and are yall running teasers,daisy chains or spreader bars???

thanks for any input

Stephen

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we pull em at 8 knots,an no,we dont pull any spreader or teasers,just two yo-zuri bonitas in the prop wash and two illanders on back a ways.24' boat an we dont have outriggers so 4 rods is about all we pull w/only two of us on the boat.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
we pull the Halco giant tremblers.....have you guys pulled these and if so how do they compare to the yo-zuri,s

the halcos seem to cost 10$ less than the yo zuri .....i havent pulled anything but islanders and Halcos....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts