Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a busy weekend nice weather and lots of people on the water. On saturday I had Hallie and here son Zane fishing with me. We were searching for redfish and had to look several places before finding a few. They ranged from 27 1/2" to 38" and Zane had a big time catching some. We had a tough time, breaking off and pulling the hooks on seveal fish. All fish ate live pinfish. On Sunday James and his family fished with me, and he was hoping we could catch a few snappers. The weather looked nice so we went for it, only a rolling sea coming from offshore. The snappers bit well, grade of fish was not all that great, most around 17" but we got our 4 person limit and changed tactics. We checked a few fads and finally found one that had some activity, caught a king and lost one at the boat. We lost a couple other good bites and caught a bonito. It seems like therewas more bait,, bonito, and king activity today than I've seen yet this year so hopefully the king fishing will improve. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
quit catching so many fish Matt!!!... you're making me look bad!!!...

kidding, Seriously though, if anyone is looking for an inshore/nearshore charter, Capt. Matt Mcleod will put you on the fish.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to add, Chris and I are leaving for Venice, La tonight to start prefishing for the second flw tournament next weekend so I won't have any reports for a week. See Ya!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts