Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me whipper snapper, and his son tyler went out to day in search ofsome sharks. tyler has shark on the brain so we find some deep water and begin to chum. the bite was much slower than usual. we were prepared this time with big gear and steal leaders. we gotone good bite early in the morning that cleaned tylers clock. hook pulled i think. we could only get them to bite on the small rod im guessing because on this rod we were using florocarbon instead of wire. he ended up catching his biggest yet. great job man. and you should of seen him he fought him the whole way. getting him to his dad in the net was a challenge but he got it done. caught a few more and called it a day. over all great day with friends and we made it in right before the rain.
<P align=left>
<P align=left>
<P align=left>
<P align=left>had alot of fun tyler lets do it again!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nicely done, Ty. :clap:clap:clapWe tried on Sunday with two caralina rigs and awireleader set up. Nothing hit the wire leader, but we got two nice sand sharks on the caralina rigs. Still waiting to bag the big brown suited one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What did you do to cook them? I have been catching some good ones and have released them cause I don't know a good way to cook em, any suggestions? Also, is there a size limit as to their quality for eating? I have heard if they are too big and you eat them, they taste like crap because of how their innards are setup.

·
Registered
782 Posts
i wouldn't really keep any over 4' - when you get him the boat, cinch his tail with a rope. then flip him over on his back usually on the side of your best buddies boat, and gut him right then...... then throw him overboard and let him float and rinsefor about 30 minutes. take him home and steak him out, then soak him in italian dressing or a balsamic vinagrette for about an hour then meal him and fry him. i also like marinting in a sundried tomato vinagrette then grilling. most are black tips that we have been catching, they are always good! ty's last one was a atlantic sharpnose, he ate just as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts