Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title reads ill be taking a vacation end of April and was looking for recommendations, should i bring my boat 20' cc or just fish from shore and surf? and what are some good areas to fish by boat? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If you don't mind towing it, I would bring your boat. Before I moved here, we would come visit my wife's parents here from North Carolina, about 10 to 11 hours road time... I found it worth it to tow my 18ft Sea Pro. It's not that you can't fish from beach or shore, but the boat gives you so many more options. :thumbsup:

Plus it's fun for the kids to run over to Roberts Island and let them play on the dune, or on decent days to anchor right off Ft Pickens beach and let the kids play on the beach. We pack the beach toys in one plastic storage bin, the small grill in another, and we anchor up in waist deep water and float the stuff in to the beach and make a day of it. After some morning fishing, of course! :whistling:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joevill

Thanks everyone! pretty sure it'll be in tow, I'm looking forward to the trip hoping I can adapt to the different waters and catch some fish while i'm there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts