Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Samsung front loaders that are prob 15 yo. The washer just started leaking, not real bad and the dryer just crapped out. We tried to trouble shoot it and got it running again then the plug got a little burnt. I'm no electrician or repair man and have no clue. It sounds like something is in the drum. There is a external crack in the door of the dryer but its not the internal glass so it has no affect. These have the pedestals with them too. 300.00 for the set!!! The pedestals are 250 a piece brand new.

Its our anniversary so we just bought a new set. They come in Tuesday so I will put these under the carport then but if you want them prior to that come on!!!!

20201014_205119.jpg
20201014_205153.jpg
20201014_205158.jpg

·
I like men
261 Posts
Sadly, you probably got about all the life that's in them. Designed obsolescence. Everything is run by a control board, and all boards develop problems and are not repairable (unless you have mad electronics skills not possessed by any appliance repair person you can call). By now, the manufacturer usually has stopped making the board. I replaced a board on a Maytag Neptune recently only because I knew exactly what the problem was and I found a new old stock board on Ebay. I could not locate a source for the specific part that caused my board to crap out. Absent the crapped out board, the dryer probably would have run just about forever. Sad that we have "advanced" to the point many of our necessary appliances cost 2-3 times what they did 30 years ago and last 1/3-1/2 as long, if your lucky.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Good to see another true romantic such as myself. If new washer and dryer combo don’t lead to some bumping around under the sheets, I don’t know what will!!! I tell my wife all the time she’s truly lucky to have me, you should do the same!!

·
Super Moderator
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well good news... momma couldn't stand not having a dryer so we took it apart and found it was jammed up with lint and crap. After cleaning everything it works and I put it back together without having left over parts!!! Be a good set fer a hunting camp....

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Well good news... momma couldn't stand not having a dryer so we took it apart and found it was jammed up with lint and crap. After cleaning everything it works and I put it back together without having left over parts!!! Be a good set fer a hunting camp....
Sounds like a good excuse for you to buy a hunting camp to me

·
I like men
261 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse for you to buy a hunting camp to me
Now that is a justification for sure.

That clean up makes you understand why so many house fires are caused by dryers--more specifically, lint buildup in dryers. People use dryer lint as fire starters because it burns so good, and dryers have heating elements that get so hot they can dry soaking wet clothes. That is a match made in heaven! Mine was loaded up too when I took it apart. I clean my trap after every use and it's still amazing how much of that crap escapes from the trap and line and stays stuck inside the machine.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Good to see another true romantic such as myself. If new washer and dryer combo don’t lead to some bumping around under the sheets, I don’t know what will!!! I tell my wife all the time she’s truly lucky to have me, you should do the same!!
People think being a trophy husband is easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that is a justification for sure.

That clean up makes you understand why so many house fires are caused by dryers--more specifically, lint buildup in dryers. People use dryer lint as fire starters because it burns so good, and dryers have heating elements that get so hot they can dry soaking wet clothes. That is a match made in heaven! Mine was loaded up too when I took it apart. I clean my trap after every use and it's still amazing how much of that crap escapes from the trap and line and stays stuck inside the machine.
Funny thing about the lint.....I took apart the plastic tumblers in the drum and found little lint balls of all sizes. Crazy how the lint formed perfect balls. hahaha Also made .50 cents on the deal!!!!!!!! only need $2,999.50 more to pay fer the new set!!!!

Newest info, the dryer quit working again!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I like men
261 Posts
Never thought about those, but makes sense. That lint gets everywhere and inside the drum it's like a cotton candy machine. Along with the lint, I had all kinds of bark bits and leaf pieces inside my dryer housing from tree work. Giant fire waiting to happen.

Those intermittent problems are usually a sign of an electrical issue, which usually goes back to the circuit board in all that type stuff. Unless you are awfully patient and willing to spend time which probably will end up being wasted, it's likely time for the scrap heap

·
Praedator
10,063 Posts
At least yours are breaking. My wife wants to replace ours that work just fine! And she's holding a big purchase I'm doing over my head!

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
I’m just glad my last child bought his own home. My wife uses that excuse to give ours away and buys a new set.

·
Super Moderator
28,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m just glad my last child bought his own home. My wife uses that excuse to give ours away and buys a new set.
You ain't alone brother... Weve been through a whole kitchen because of that!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts