Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting a post about appraisal and getting very good advice I went and tried get one but the appraisal was only going to consider what other lots sold for and nothing else.
Any suggestions on who does more than that .

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
the appraiser is talking about a comparative market analysis (cma).
if your selling a house, the realtor will produce one based on three recent sales in the vicinity of the target property. you might check with a realtor if you know one and get one free if they have something close to your area.
depending on the lender, the validity of an appraisal is only good for about 6 months
jim sunners (realtor on the forum) might be able to help.

jack

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just had an appraisal done in Alabama. Even though the house is in the worst shape, appraisal came in way too high. Appraiser spent 15 minutes in the house, completely uninformed inspection and appraisal. He lowered it by 15% when I told him the Probate judge probably wouldn't allow the early sale, even with a sales contract, because the appraisal was too high. A few comparisons and JUDGING the condition of a property is VERY SUBJECTIVE.

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
Are you looking for an Appraisal to sell your property, or are you looking for a Valuation to Insure it.

Huge Difference.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its almost an acre lot in Navarre not cleared, with houses being built all around the area. Problem is some lots sold cheap to builders & some at regular price. They are telling me what they do is an average and nothing else like perk test , size of house that could be built, cost to clear lot or partial ect. Worst case I will do all that work or get my lawyer to do it and then put a price on it.
Looking to sell it but not give it away to builders price.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Jim, Sent you a PM just want to sell it but not give it away. Lot not cleared like most of the others that were sold.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
We’re hoping to close on the sale of our old house Thursday. We were a tad concerned about the appraisal since we were selling at the top of what the neighborhood has allowed for years. Surprisingly enough the appraisal came back good and the home inspection was kind of strange. Things we thought might need correcting were never noticed, things that we thought were more than trivial they wanted fixed. Who knows in the current market. We just hope there’s no disruption in the process between now and the 12th!

Reactions: Kamac
1 - 13 of 13 Posts