Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
As of yesterday I became member of the sailfish from a kayak club

RELEASED RIGHT AFTER THIS PIC WAS TAKEN =)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a few that I am proud of that I caught this year. I am most proud of my kayak king caught 4/4/09, not only because it was over 36lbs, but it was the 1st near shore king caught in our area in 2009. I have not posted this pic anywhere because it didn't look quite as big, but it was taken at the Red Snapper World Championship where it held 1st place for 1.5 months of the 5-month-long tournament.

We will wait and see if it will standin the Kayak Wars as this year's record whichis listed on the following standings:

http://www.extremecoast.com/KW09/standings.php

We get bonus points for the top species of the year, but if you look at Team Mayhem's standings, we may not even need it thanks to my teammates catching lots of nice fish.

These 2 kings were enough to win with the 3 fish max for the King of Crab Island Kayak Tournament:

I caught a couple of twenty pounders for the top 2 spots in the 1st Navarre Beach Kayak King/Tarpon Tournament:

Here is my 1st place Sertoma Tournament 5.2lb Spanish Mack:

I fish Navarre Beach almost exclusively, but did manage to catch my 1st yak reef fish at Three Barges in June:

Because I can only manage to fish 25-30 days per year, I try to use those days to mostly fish tournaments. The last 2 outings I hooked a 6-7 foot shark and broke them off after seeing them, so I couldget back to trying to catch kings for the tournaments I was in. However, I didland this 5.5 foot 61lb shark because it qualified to use for a kayak division in a tournament last year. (It beat the biggest fish in the tournament by 30lbs, but did not qualify for the grand prize award because it was a shark:banghead)

I bought my kayak in August of 2007. On the 3rd trip out I was ill-equipped with no gaff and no camera. So, I don't have a pic of the 59-inch 40lb+ king, but one10lb+ kayak king and you are certain to be hooked on the sport! :letsdrink

Thanks for inviting us to post!

Kreg

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have been fishing all of my life ''literally it's in my blood'' I started fishing lakes in Tennessee while coming down to the gulf to take charter trips out. I remeber when I was 17on a charter tripI caught 7 amber jacks all around 70lbs which put a hurting on me but I was hooked on saltwater fishing. WhenI got older I moved down here and started fishing onshore and some on the piers ''which has helped me alot on my kayak'' my old roommate has a tadem kayak andone of thefirst fish I caught out of it was a 15lbs king so I was really hooked. So here are a couple of pics since I got my own kayak and it's beenso nice to meet so many yakers and all of you are really cool guys!

2nd place king of crab island.. caught 11 kings that day

My first sailfish...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts