Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member of this forum for a long time, and years ago it was fairly rare to even see a Kayak Report. It's everyday now, and not just a kayak report, they are breaking new ground all the time.

These Guys are GREAT. I would be one thing if it was trout and reds on the grass, but they are doing stuff most boat owners would dream of. There have been several Sailfish caught from Kayaks this year, and good Snapper were the norm for a good while. It wouldn't surprise me to see big Dolphin and Wahoo very soon. The best part is they are cool about it, I don't see any boasting or claiming tobe above anyone, or elitist, and if anyone could several of them could mouth off and obviously back it up, but is way cool that they don't and seem to have a great interaction in what I would call really hardcore gamefishing.

There is a lot of fisherman that think they are really great at the game, but some of the Kayak Guys on this forum are truly Great at what they do. I look forward to reading the Kayak reports and I am truly amazed at what you guys have made look easy, and do it very, very consistantly.

Glad your here.

Garbo

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
Very well said. Its amazing seeing the pictures and hearing the reports of guys catching sails, kings, and cobia out of a kayak.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very true Garbo those guys are tearing it up atleast the last time I read that section they were. I forget about that and the spearfishing section all the time. Maybe we could get those two a bump up a little closer to the top.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Agreed :clap ... I have been into Fishing my entire life , being a Navy Brat has kept me close to the Oceans :angel ... when a friend asked me about getting a Kayak , I was kinda reluctant , it just wasn't "Core" enough for me being a lifelong Surfer and Vert-Skater ... my mind quickly changed when I Sea-trialed my Hobie Outback :letsparty ... now Kayak Fishing consumes me , and it's definitely a way to get CLOSE to the Fish ... GREAT Summer this year , can't wait for next Cobia season !!! :letsdrink ... STILL some good Fishing off the Beaches lately , I look forward to more reports in the Kayak Forum :clap

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Here Here!!!!! or is it Hear Hear????

They are all outfishing me!!!!! :clap

I think they are a little crazy though, the pictures of them with Kings right next to them makes me cringe!!! :hotsun

Nice job and keep the yak reports coming. :letsdrink

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are Great. Some of the reports I have seen are nothing short of Awesome.

Think about it, someone catching a Tarpon in a boat that weighes less than a 1/4 of what the Tarpon does. These guys have gotten really good.

If anyone could really talk about being great fishermen some of these guys could talk alot. If you read the reports it is easy to see they are very hard core fishermen, and also seem to be very humble about it.

IF YOU FISH A KAYAK, AFTER READING THIS THREAD WOULD YOU PLEASE POST YOUR MOST PRIZED CATCH PHOTO ON THIS THREAD.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Great thread, we yakkers appreciate it.

To honor this thread I am going to post some pics from this year:

130lb tarpon

45lb cobia

25lb king

28lb Jack C

Ihave many more but this will have to do for now. Anyone else?

I'll keep the spot below open for a pic of my first kayak billfish. congrats to those who have gotten theirs in the past few weeks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Man that has to be a rush being pulled along by a fish that size. I never really considered a kayak before, but I would love to give it a try. Please post more pics.

Rob

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thanks Garbo - An old member of the fish the bridge and then PFF "ReBootMe" was a friend from work and he got me into this mess about 2004. Been hooked ever since.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/ShRaK9Tvg6E&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

Lots and lots of others... A limit of Pomps when they were ruiningNavarre beach with all the brown sand. Lots of friends andmeeting folks - good stuff!

looks like I'll miss the redfish run, sheepshead, Cobia and pomp and the intial King this winter and spring but I'll be back in time for the summer peligics!

:mmmbeer

Stressless</EMBED>

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It's definitely fun and I've met a bunch of great folks from on and off the forum out there. Here's a couple pics of mine from this year. I've been yakking 3 years now, but looking at the reports I fish like a greenhorn compared to Tex, Brandon, Kreg and a lot of the other guys. One day ....when I grow up.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's What I'm Talkin Bout.

I'm Telling You, These Guys are very Very VERY Good.

Linda, where is your sailfish?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts