Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I must say Jim (owner) of Salty Bass lost a customer. After the last few months of trying to time my bait purchase with their askew store hours I finally gave up. Half Hitch Tackle in Destin will now be my main place of bait purchases even if they do cost a few dollars more. I hope Jim has another source of income because I don't see his business staying open much longer. :thumbdown:
Seemed like a really good place when he was located at the corner but now it's more of I ll open up when I feel like it kinda atmosphere.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Each side of the brook bridge has bait shops. Pats is on Brooks st and the small fuel dock just west of the bridge on Okaloosa Island side has live bait.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
You are prolly 1 out of a thousand who wants to fish in this weather. But, With that said, If he shows his time of Business on a sighn on the door & don't honor that? :no: Shame on him.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
Yea the time of year is what it is. If I owned a bait shop at the gulf, I would close for a few months during the winter. It has to cost them money to keep the place open this time of year .
Which is why the ones that do choose to stay open in the winter cost more per item to make up the three months of horrible business during the winter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts