Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing this morning over 3 barges with nothing happening. Decided to drift fish for a while. About 1/2 mile east of 3 barges a sailfish jumps is a series of about 8-10 leaps. Awesome show. How do you catch these fish??

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
If you pitch a live bait to him he will more than likely eat it. You can also run a circle around where he is jumping and pick them up that way too. just stay wide of where he is jumping and let the trolled baits run close to where he was.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We caught (and released it) a sail about 4 weeks ago about 7 miles out of Perdido Pass. Purely an incidental catch as it hit a straw rig. We never saw the sail before it entered our spread, just started chasing the straw.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
sailfish

Me and my father caught one about 3 years ago trolling stretches right outside the east pass. We caught several bonito that day and a couple kings but then a 63" Sail. It was a pretty fish that I had never desired catching until after we released it. My father passed the 13th of this month and though I miss him dearly I look at that picture daily. AU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts