Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Am looking to trade up to something with twins and a bit more legs from my 24 hydrasport. Right now I'm looking seriously at a Sailfish 2660...got a great lead on one. Recently put some bids in on a 32 century and a wellcraft 290 coastal... yes, I have a wife and she likes to fish, so no center console for me as of yet. The sailfish looks to be a much fishier boat...plus better fuel economy, around 2MPG.

If any of you members happen to own on of these puppies, please PM me. I've got a 6 pack for you if you let me look around your ride... I can't seem to find one to look at down here...they seem to be more east coast boats.

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the PM's out there. As for the pointers to the forums on sailfish and thehulltruth.com. Seems like a fair number of folks, especially those with CC's have had a few more than their share of issues, ones that were not resolved promptly and on more than a few occasions resulted in owners contacting lawyers to get the appropriate action taken.

The 2660 has a killer layout though. Way more fishable that most at that size. Ever seen the cockpit on a Robalo 26? It's a joke....but I'm spooked a bit. Been checking out Scout boats lately... The Abaco seems like a great mix of what I'm looking for.

Other boats I have looked at include the Wellcraft 290 Coastal and the Century 32 WA (29 had a tiny cockpit as well). Turned down a decent 290 offer, beauty of a boat, finish was not the best, but it was seriously lacking in storage and fish box space.

Any comments?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts