Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Lucky S.O.B
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan was to launch out of Navarre this morning. We knew there was going to be some wind, but we drove out anyway. Water looked pretty calm even though the wind was pretty stiff from the North. We launch anyway. Bait was nowhere to be found. We tried from 12ft all the way to 30 feet. Nothing. So we head towards a spot we know holds bait. Wind is pushing the crap out of us. My Yozuri Deep Diver is getting slammed by bobos all the way out. 4 bobos and a spanish by the time we hit the spot. Managed to get 1 or 2 cigs, but the other fish on the spot keep breaking off the sabiki. At this point we are getting pushed about 1.5mph south. Screw this, we start heading in. Toss out the 1 Cig I caught, and I smoker King nails it. Get him in and look up and my wingman is halfway to the damn shore. Toss out my Yozuri and bam, another smoker King. Finish fighting him and start heading towards the shore. Bam, Yozuri gets nailed again. I grab the rod figuring another King or Bobo. Line starts peeling off and out of the water comes a 6ft+ Sailfish. Now keep in mind I have caught 4 bobos, a spanish and a good king on this rig and it's tied on with 30lb flouro. I was so shocked that I didn't think to turn on the gopro. Not like it would have mattered, the fight was over in less than a minute. Flouro snapped and the Sail kept tailwalking away trying to toss the lure.
:censored::censored::censored:

Is it too early to start drinking? If someone catches this guy, get my lure back for me.

· Squid technician
10,557 Posts
Is it too early to drink?! Of course you alcoholic! Wait til noon, like a rational person.

Too bad about the sail, you'll get him eventually

· Lucky S.O.B
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The way you fish, it's obvious you will get that elusive Sail eventually. Keep on plug'n.
I hope so, but there ain't much time left this season. In all honesty, I'm not hardcore into getting one. Not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I think I'd rather see some of my friends catch a sail first. This has been my first year fishing down here, and my first out of a kayak. I look back at all the things I've learned and all the fish I've caught and I couldn't be happier with what I have accomplished.

· Registered
5,784 Posts
I hope so, but there ain't much time left this season. In all honesty, I'm not hardcore into getting one. Not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I think I'd rather see some of my friends catch a sail first. This has been my first year fishing down here, and my first out of a kayak. I look back at all the things I've learned and all the fish I've caught and I couldn't be happier with what I have accomplished.
Your year is definitly something to be proud of!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.