Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I pegged my fishometer
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this boat being anchored before Issac blew through. Now its stuck in about 2' of water. Anyone know whose boat it is? I have seen it floating one time about a week ago during an unusually high tide. Maybe the owner does not know that he is on an island come winter!

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah, I am surprised it's still there too. Hell, surprised it made it through considering it was essentially left in open water be it shallow! Can't imagine the damage it must have to the keel. Was planning on going out there tomorrow and check it out on the yak.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Be careful about even touching or getting on it you could be held liable for any damage. Get the numbers and call FWC to try to find the owner.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I dont know, there was a sailboat that washed up during Issac, in Grand lagoon... I thought it was gonna be all beat up and ruff on the bottom..A few days later I stopped by and checked it out,looks to be all ok...Running gear and all, now I guess someone got it from the old owner,because it has a sign saying new owner with a number..

·
I pegged my fishometer
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't plan on messing with it but I wish I knew the owner when I saw it floating at 6AM one day on a really high tide. I could have pulled it deeper and reset the anchors had I known the owner.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
unless the FWC has tunnel vision, they know it is there. They were camped out near it maybe 300 yards away all weekend hunting for boats to ignore the no wake zone.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Easy to get out if you understand blow boats.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
All you need is two boats. One with a line tied to top of mast. One tied to bow with line. Mast tied boat pulls sideways and heels boat over while bow tied boat pulls boat off to deeper water. Simple job with two boats.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
All you need is two boats. One with a line tied to top of mast. One tied to bow with line. Mast tied boat pulls sideways and heels boat over while bow tied boat pulls boat off to deeper water. Simple job with two boats.
Saw a blow boat go under a low bridge as you described once. You would think it would capsize, but guess the keel weight prevents that.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Pier dude think about what you just posted...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts