Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://weartv.com/news/Safes_and_electronic_devices_discovered_at_Escambia_County_boat_ramp

ESCAMBIA COUNTY -- Escambia County deputies and a dive team found a couple of safes and some electronic devices near the Millview boat ramp this morning.

The boat ramp is just off Lillian Highway on Perdido Bay.
The sheriff's office says they got a tip that something was in the water and checked it out.

They're still investigating how long the stuff has been in the water and how it ended up there.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to their website the article is there, I tried to edited it from a mobile link to a regular link so I may of linked it wrong

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Several months ago I was down in that same spot and ran across a destroyed jewelry box. I am guessing that some burglars had discarded it after removing their loot from it. Prolly the same with the safes.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I live on Lake Weiss and have found doors from small safes that floated up on my shoreline. I gave them to the police. I assume thieves break into the safes and dump them in the lake. I was surprised that they floated.

·
Mad Scientist
115 Posts
We used to find safe boxes on the shore at our house on lake Lanier in Georgia. Once we found 3000 bucks on our beach. Never got claimed so we got to keep it.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
There was a guy that used to play poker at the dog track that is in jail now over something like that. He was breaking into buildings at night, stealing the safes, cracking them, then dumping the safes off bridges. They found a few of his off of the Navy Blvd Bayou Chico Bridge. I can't remember his name but would recognize him if I saw him again. I think this was over a year ago, and they got his partner also...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts