Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from the wife about 2:00 my nephew got out the front door and climbed up onto the ladder by the pool at his house and they found him there floating....started CPR and called 911 ambulance was quick and service was great..they rushed him to the ER at sacred and kept at it but we lost him......he was 2 yrs old.

As a father who has lost a child I know full well what my brother in law is going through and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...I would like to thank Dan (aka bonita-dan) for coming by and having a beer with me just to BS about anything not related to this terrible tragedy.

If you have kids hug them tight tonight and tell them how much you love them..and pray to the lord all-mighty you have the oppertunity to do the same tomorrow.

Mike

·
FastCast Custom Rods
1,069 Posts
I'm truly sorry for your loss. We have a pool but no children. I'm always checking to make sure the gates are latched tight. Again I wish you and your family much strength.

Obie

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I know alot of people are going to read this post and probably wont know what to say..I mean what can you possibly say I'm sorry just dosen't seem to cover it....But if even one person out there hugs his kid and lets them know how much they mean to him/or her then i will feel like this post achieved something.

I thank you all for even reading this post and would like to say that since i have been on this forum I have met and talked to alot of great people.

Chris all I can say is thanks brother this forum is a wonderful thing able to bring some really good people together in ways you probably never even imagined.

Mike

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have no words for such a tragity. Only prayers for all the familys involved. :grouphug :grouphugThe young lad is now with his heavenly father. :angel :angel

·
Praedator
9,978 Posts
I will keep your family in my prayers. It brings me to tears to hear of such stories of our precious little ones. My little girl is almost 2 and I can't even imagine loosing her. :angel:angel

·
Registered
235 Posts
That is so sad to hear, no words can express the pain that the family is experiencing. We will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
mike i saw that on the PNJ website, im sorry about your loss..... please let us know when the arraingments are done, im suree PFF willl be there in support of a fellow family member..

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
PompNewbie I did what you asked. I hugged my daughter and my son before leaving this evening and again told them how much I love them.I have also suffered the loss of a nephew. Your heart will eventually start to heal but the loss will never be forgotten. You and your family are in mine and my family prayers.God Bless.

Debbie Barlow

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Debbie.

With the world the way it is these days, and most our time consumed with work, school, bills, etc etc..Its easy to become distracted from the things that mean the most in the world until one of those things is taken away suddenly..

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have said a tearful prayer for your family. My only son is 18 and I could not imagine life without that aggravating teenager. I would hug him, but he might punch me.(jk) What the heck,Ill hug him anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
So sorry to hear this. I live on a river and have 3 grand kids living with me. And I have to keep a look out for them everyday. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Horrible tradegy. I cant' imagine what the parents must be going through. I have two young sons and I say prayers all the time that God will watch over them. Will say a prayer for your family.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. I have two daughters, 7 and 9. The loss of either one of them would be the worst experience of my life. We all need to respect the water; offshore, inshore, and back yard. Our hospital has had a pediatrician and an ER Doc each lose a child in their own pool. It can happen to any of us. My prayers are with your family.

·
Registered
390 Posts
That brings tears to my eyes. My daughter and her husband have a pool and I worry daily that my precious 3 year old grandson will wander out there. So sorry for your loss and prayers sent.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts