Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

S.O.S. Prevails

23K views 218 replies 55 participants last post by  User6882 
#1 ·
Motion: to add options to the generic ACL/AM options paper to establish a for-hire sector complete with ACLs and AMs for all species that have commercial and recreational allocations.

Passed by huge majority! only 2 no votes

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag

#102 ·
lbhuntley (10/26/2009) Matt, thetruthmay be that there are too many recreational fishermento have a meaningful rs season and to ensure stock recovery based on Magnuson-Stevens.
LB,

If there is an agenda behind NMFS actions and there is someone behind the curtain pulling the puppet's(NMFS) strings,given your above statement, believenow that we are starting to get somewhere in beginning to undertsand what is being done to limit recreational fishing and why.

Environmental groups are driving their agenda to limit recreational fishing, the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) backs the SoS plan.has input to the gulf council etc

EDF mission statementon Gulf Fisheries cut and pasted from the EDF web page follows:

For Recreational Fishermen in the Gulf of Mexico<H2>Ways to address failed polices and spur sportsfishermen to conserve fish in Gulf waters</H2><H3>The Problem</H3>

While overfishing and the need for solutions are widely recognized in commercial fisheries, serious problems in the rapidly growing sport fisheries are generally not acknowledged by anglers, regulators, environmentalists and society.In fact, for fish populations in trouble, sportsmen?s catches account for a surprisingly large percentage of the catch ? sometimes as much as over half of the total landings for certain Gulf of Mexico fisheries.<H3>Solutions</H3>

Unfortunately, fishery managers trying to control sport catches are using the same failed policies that cause overfishing in commercial fisheries.Instead, new institutions are needed to conserve fish and improve sport fishing.For example, for-hire fishing quotas may be adapted to manage the charter and party boat fleets.Fishing cooperatives would allow groups of sportsmen to jointly manage a portion of the catch to meet local needs.Also, hunting tag programs (e.g., doe tags and duck stamps) that successfully conserve game animals while allowing fair and controlled access could be tailored for sport fisheries.<H3>More details on solutions</H3>

For-hire fishing quotas. Already used in many commercial fisheries worldwide, for-hire fishing quotas may be adapted to the for-hire recreational sector.Under this system, charter and head boat owners can be allocated a share of the recreational catch as an individual quota. Fishermen can fish year-round as long as they have quota. They may also trade quota with other fishermen.These quotas give for-hire businesses flexibility to plan and run their operations as it suits them. Destructive size limits, small bag limits and short seasons that hurt businesses and waste fish will no longer be required.

Fish Tags. A fish tag program?similar to those used to manage big game hunting ? may be designed for private or for-hire fishermen. A designated portion of the recreational catch can be allocated as tags that are issued to fishermen on a first-come, first-served basis, a lottery, sales, or some combination of methods. Tags are better suited to control landings than minimum size limits and season closures. Fishermen will have the flexibility to fish anytime and keep the fish they catch as long as they have tags. And, a tag program can also be designed to gather much-needed data to better understand fish populations.

Do the above statements look familiar?

Mark W

#103 ·
One more thing.

Question 1. All the smart young marinebiologists that this country produces, if they are lucky enough after they finish collge to get a job - where do they find jobs?

Answer1. With the government or with environmental groups. There are not to many marine biology positionsopen with groups that support recreational fishing.

Question 2.As a young smart marine biologistout of college, with college loan debt, and starting to build a family,buy a house etc., would the science you produced and validated show that marine fishery problems were being adequately solved, and there was no more need for tighter control, or would the science you produced and validated tend toshow that there was a need for more control and more biologists tracking the issues?

I willleave Answer2 for all to ponder...

mark w

#104 ·
Clay-Doh

I put this in order of relevance For-Ya

capt.eugene (10/25/2009)

Like I said a year ago on here we want to freeze the numbers now.

Collect Data for two years and then Hash it out
After data collecting for two years by the fishermen fishing ( forhire and private rec)

We want what we have Caught in history % wise I don't have it in front of me

But from memory it is something like 49-58% Of the Recreation Tac That is around half.
Numbers used will be history because they will be two years old.

We believe the percent of fish caught by the deferent sectors will not change because of new data.

But if they do you all can go further back if you like.

capt.eugene (10/25/2009)

Real Data Gets you longer seasons and getting fishing back to what it was. without sudden closures
capt.eugene (10/23/2009)

Guys this is what I have been trying to say to you all along. One or Two or Three/ALL [Check's by LEO] Per person are then Averaged thru some Mathematic Formula on All fishing Lic. Stop the B>>>hen to your Senators. and Start volunteering for Some sort of tag/reporting system.give N.M.F.S. the numbers to fix this problem .

#105 ·
markw4321 (10/26/2009)One more thing.

Question 1. All the smart young marinebiologists that this country produces, if they are lucky enough after they finish collge to get a job - where do they find jobs?

Answer1. With the government or with environmental groups. There are not to many marine biology positionsopen with groups that support recreational fishing.

Question 2.As a young smart marine biologistout of college, with college loan debt, and starting to build a family,buy a house etc., would the science you produced and validated show that marine fishery problems were being adequately solved, and there was no more need for tighter control, or would the science you produced and validated tend toshow that there was a need for more control and more biologists tracking the issues?

I willleave Answer2 for all to ponder...

mark w

Mark

You posted the answer to the 2 question I embolden it.

I agree with you on this.

But it is within the LAW we live in.

To change the LAW is a hard thing you know this. that is why there is so many useless laws on the books.

To amend law alone takes allot of work.

So what do you recommend to fix it.

#106 ·
capt.eugene (10/26/2009)
So what do you recommend to fix it.
Seriously???? I really just don't know what to say to that. I guess you simply type and do not read all of the comments giving you the answer to that question. Here's the thing with all you SOS people. You know and believe the data and the science is wrong. You know that there is an bad agenda behind all of these regulations coming down the pipeon the recreational sector. Yet, your answer is to join the bad science. Your answer is to say, it's too hard to change the law. Your answer is to say, oh well, it's the best we can do. Your answer is to tuck your tail and say, we fought hard, but it's time to just give in. How do you even know that by giving them the numbers of the for-hire sector, that it is going to even help. They could just throw those numbers into the black hole like they do now and still do what they want. What happens when the numbers come in and it's turns out that they start restricting the season even though they told you that you could fish year round? I guess when they start lowering the for hireTAC to where you get to catch a total of 12 fish, you can catch one a month.

You guys think that by doing what you are doing will solve the problem. All you are doing is falling into the same trap that the commercial guys did years ago. They promise year round fishing if you let them seperate you and let them manage you. Before long they start lowering yourTAC and you will be screaming once again that you can not make a living.

What happens when when you all the big boys fill the quota up in two months of fishing. Because you know that the numbers are going to beright. NOAA is the one running the numbers.:banghead:banghead:banghead I am going to laugh till it hurts if this SOS plan goes through and it ends up where you are fighting NMFS on your own after they start restricting the for-hire sector. And then, you will just be another business down the drain. But if you stick with the recreational community as a whole, you will have a greater backing to fight the restrictions. Together we can prevail. Divided we will fall.

#107 ·
Jon I have said this to you before YOU HAVE A JOB

I have a business depending on trips with people on them Catching RED SNAPPER.

SO what Is my Client fishing for now.

Keep in mind I Access The Gulf via Mobile Bay.

Catching and releasing RED SNAPPER. You would not pay for this nor do they.

#108 ·
<P style="BACKGROUND: white"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Eugene</st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> Given the layers upon layers of government jobs that report out to our Congress and winddown through NOAA to NMFS, coupled with the environmental lobby groupswho are funded with millions of dollars from good American families, who whenshown a picture ofa polar bearon an ice flow and told that polar bear is starving due to global warmingwill drop $20.00 inan environmental funds "hat", to be honest I feel like it is pretty much a hopeless situation in the near term at this point.<o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Recreational fisherman like me who own their own boats are splintered and without a common voice and have little to no representation where it matters. Look at the make up of the voting gulf council - currently a majority of commercials and or charter operators- who represents the non-charter recreational fisherman?<o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">All this may change 5-50 years from now, <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Or recreational gulf fishingmay fade into the not to distant sunset? <o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I like most voicing their opinions here willcontinue to doall I can until it is a done deal.<o:p></o:p><P style="BACKGROUND: white"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Other than that, while this winds out until then it looks like heavy seas ahead and I think a quote from LBJ courtesy of PFF member?Angus Cow Doctor? applies here : <o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 7.5pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Black'">"Sometimes you have to hunker down and take it like a jackass in a hailstorm"..... Lyndon Johnson<o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 7.5pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Black'">Mark W<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o:p></o:p>

#109 ·
This is what we need backed up with lawyers andpeoplewith the ability to sue NMFSto end the problem. We need scientist that are not paid by the enviro nut jobs.

.<DIV class=title>Professors Expose ?Science?</DIV><DIV class=deck></DIV><DIV class=byline></DIV><DIV class=byline></DIV>

It shouldn?t take a college professor to show that the government?s research about red snapper is pure junk.

But, by golly, we?ve got not one but two college professors who see the so-called science for what it is. Wrong. A t our request, Dr. Ray Waldner and Dr. Tom Chesnes waded through the daunting mounds of data that the National Marine Fisheries Service used to claim that Atlantic red snapper stocks are so depleted that long-term fishing closures are necessary.

The professors found one flaw after another. Their reports are featured in this month?s On the Conservation Front. We all owe Dr. Waldner and Dr. Chesnes a huge thanks.<DIV class=s2><A name=cont></A></DIV><A name=cont></A>

Hundreds of millions of dollars in damages and inestimable losses in quality of life factors are jeopardized by this beyond-silly work.

As anyone on the water knows, red snapper are thick, and growing in numbers

The NMFS/Council inflated its estimated population for early years (1945-83), when there were virtually no records, and deflated numbers fo modern days.

With mind-numbing formulae they concluded that larger red snapper are ?practically non-existent.? Researchers meant well but fell far off course.

In truth, big snapper are so existent that fishermen conducted a test for the government last summer to prove it. More than 5 per cent of the catch were fish over age 10. If that percentage were applied to the government?s estimated stock size, the number of big fish is many times larger than the assessment?s claimed totals, on which the drastic closures are based.

An additional indicator of robust red snapper stocks is the government?s own Catch per Unit of Effort (CPUE) data, explained by Dr. Chesnes.

A well-disciplined CPUE study, with adequate samplings, is just about the best way possible to estimate stock trends in these vast oceans, where fish can?t be counted with a handy calculator.

Of course, an agenda-driven researcher can play with models to bend results. I well remember a CPUE study about mullet netting years ago. A scientist claimed it showed the rate of catches holding up nicely over the years.

What he failed to report, cleverly, was that he had left out the search time between gillnet sets. So all he showed was that once a school was located the catch was similar.

Today?s red snapper research has some of this same cherry-picking of whatever numbers seem to help the overfishing claim.

But there aren?t enough cherries to sell this assessment.

Deep six it. Do it right.

#110 ·
Matt, Magnuson-Stevens is law.

The conservation and management act was sponsored by Senator Magnuson (Washington State) and Stevens (Alaska) and voted on by congress(our elected officials) and not designed by NMFS or Dr Crabtree to steal your fish. Commerce Dept, NMFS, SERO,and Gulf Councilare responsible for implementing the law inGOM federal waters. Decisions, by law, must be based on "best science", and the legislation waswritten to keep politics out of theprocess. The "best science" is provided to the managers by marine scientists from all 5 gulf states, including Dr Shipp (representing the recreational sector).Gulf Council mandate: "<SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">When reviewing potential rule changes, the Council draws upon the services of knowledgeable people from otherstate and federalagencies, universities, and the public, who serve onpanels and committees."

<SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Matt, "faith based" management is over. As you continue to support this approach you are fighting the "windmill" andattacking imaginary enemies.

<SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Mark, I believevoting members of the Gulf Coast Council consists of: 4recreational members, 4 commercial, 3 others, one representative from each gulfstate and Dr Crabtree representingNMFS. Seemsreasonable.,

<SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">

#111 ·
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table70 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" colSpan=4 height=29><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">LB,<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Minus the State representation and Dr. Crabtree, below is a listing of voting gulf council members.2 of the 4 recreational <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">members are charter operators (SoS supporters - closet SOS or in the open? who knows), then you have the four commercial members (we know whose side they are on) and then youhave 3 others (Environmental slant?) .<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Not saying these are bad peoplebut p<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">ersonally,I don't feel as though non-charter recreational fishermanare currently "represented" since there are millions of us out here and SoS is a charter plan.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Mark W<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Florida</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Edward W. Sapp
<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">5505 NW 91 Blvd. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Gainesville, FL 32653</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">200<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">8</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Recreational</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table91 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">352-377-2715</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top><P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Robert Gill
7330 W. Golf Club Street <P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Crystal River, FL 34429</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">Commercial</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table72 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">352-795-1916</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">352-795-4355</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Julie Morris
New College <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Assistant Vice-President <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Academic Affairs<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
5800 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, Florida 34243</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2001</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Other</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table73 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">941-487-4527</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">941-487-4201</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" colSpan=4><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Alabama</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"><P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Robert Shipp, Vice Chair
Dept. of Marine Sciences
University of South Alabama
Life Sciences Bldg., Rm 25
309 University Blvd.
Mobile, AL 36688</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">1991-2000 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2005</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Recreational</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table74 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">251-<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">454-7481</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">251-460-7357</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">John R. Greene, Jr. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Intimidator Sportfishing, Inc. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">25833 Tealwood Drive <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Daphne, AL 36526 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2009</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Recreational</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table75 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">251-747-2872</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" colSpan=4><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Mississippi</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Kay Williams <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">9905 Wire Road <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Vancleave, MS 39565 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">1997-2006 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2007</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Commercial</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table76 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">228-826-2160</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">228-826-3135</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Thomas McIlwain, Chair <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Gulf Coast Research Lab <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">703 East Beach Drive <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Ocean Springs, MS 39564</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Other</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table77 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">228-818-8866</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">228-818-8848</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" colSpan=4><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Louisiana</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" width=213><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Harlon Pearce <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">606 Short Street <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Kenner, LA 70062 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2006</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Commercial</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table78 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">504-467-3809</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">504-466-1503</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" width=213><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Damon McKnight <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Super Strike Charters, LLC <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">401 Legendre Drive <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Slidell, LA 70460 </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=88><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2009</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Recreational</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=114><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table79 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">985-960-1900</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table80 height=29 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 560px; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Texas</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table81 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" width=205><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-DECORATION: underline">Michael Ray<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Texas Department of Wildlife and Fisheries <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">4200 Smith School Road <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Austin, TX 78744 <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=89><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">200<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">7</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Other</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=103><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table82 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">512-389-4649</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">512-389-8177</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" width=205><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Joseph Hendrix, Jr.
Sea Fish Mariculture
P.O. Box 19497
Houston, Texas 77224</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=89><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">2002</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left width=105><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Commercial</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top width=103><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable id=table83 style="WIDTH: 100%" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">281<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">-597-1620</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">281-870-8041</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">

#112 ·
capt.eugene (10/26/2009)Jon I have said this to you before YOU HAVE A JOB

I have a business depending on trips with people on them Catching RED SNAPPER.

SO what Is my Client fishing for now.

Keep in mind I Access The Gulf via Mobile Bay.

Catching and releasing RED SNAPPER. You would not pay for this nor do they.
Capt Eugene, To be quite honest, With the economy like it is today and GM workers losing jobs and retirements and Solutia cutting over 500 local jobs here in town, I would suggest you begin looking at other options. I am sorry your family will suffer, but I do not see the big boats lasting much longer in the charter business.

If its your business or the recreational fishery that has to go, I think we all know where we stand on that. There are sad stories all over the nation of people losing their jobs, your's would be no different. A smart man would always have plan b.....just saying...:banghead

#113 ·
I can see the signs now. "Destin still open for business. Come catchYOUR snapper onOUR boats." This coming after everyone else's season is closed. Locals will know better, but the tourists will think it's great. Ignorance is bliss.

This is like bootleggers supporting prohibition.

Chris

#114 ·
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>check out the questions that are still unanswered. Would you purchase a boat site unseen, but trust the seller to ensure it is what you wanted after you gave up your money?<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>October 14, 2009<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Dr. Bob Shipp, Chairman<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Gulf of Mexico</st1:place> Fishery Management Council<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">2203 N. Lois Avenue, Suite 1100</st1:address></st1:Street><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Tampa</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">FL</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">33607</st1:postalCode></st1:place><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Re: October 2009 Reef Fish Committee discussion of Sector Separation<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Dear Dr. Shipp:<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>On behalf of the membership of the CCGF, I wish to provide our comments and questions on the issue of sector separation of the Gulf of Mexico For-Hire Fleet and the Private Recreational fisheries. At this time o<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:City> membership has not taken a position on this issue. As you are aware both groups are managed as one recreational sector. Their catch data is collected by separate modes, however the current federal and state data systems do not provide the information necessary to properly determine which group catches what or where.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Any proposed sector separation will include federally permitted for-hire vessels as well as state licensed for-hire vessels for the 5 <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Gulf States</st1:place></st1:State>. The current data system does not contain the data necessary to determine how many state licensed vessels catch red snapper, or any federally managed species, in state waters. The data system also does not provide which federally permitted vessel harvests red snapper, or any other federally managed species in federal waters and/or state waters. Without such information, we have serious concerns regarding how the for-hire group will be provided quota and how the private recreational group will be provided quota. Our concern is not limited to a fair allocation but simply any allocation.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Before we can properly discuss this issue with our membership, we respectfully request some specific answers to pertinent questions. The questions are;<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>1:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> How many state licensed for-hire vessels catch red snapper in state waters?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>2:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> What has the catch of red snapper by state licensed for-hire vessels in state waters been for the period 1986 thru 2008 for each year?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Britannic Bold'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Britannic Bold'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">FIRST RESPONDERS FOR MARINE CONSERVATION<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>3:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> How many federal for-hire vessels catch red snapper in both federal and state waters?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>4:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> What has the catch of red snapper by the federal for-hire vessels in both federal and state waters been for the period 1986 thru 2008 for each year?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>5:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> What has the private recreational catch for red snapper been for state waters and federal waters for the period 1986 thru 2008 for each year?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>6:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> If the Council approves separating for-hire vessels from private recreation vessels, what percentage of the total recreational quota for red snapper will be provided to the for-hire vessels and to the private recreational group?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>7:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> How will state licensed for-hire vessels be regulated to be constrained within the for-hire quota? Federally permitted vessels have a permit that can be sanctioned or revoked. What will happen to state licensed for-hire vessels?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>8:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> The current for-hire survey is mandatory for federally permitted vessels but state licensed vessels volunteer for the survey. There is no penalty for a state licensed for-hire vessel that does not provide data. How will those vessels be managed so they have to comply with a data program as the federally permitted do?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>9:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> What has the percentage of red snapper caught in state waters been for the period of 1986 thru 2008 for each year?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>10:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> Since there is an unknown number of state licensed for-hire vessels that catch red snapper in state waters, how will that affect any possible bag limit or season length for the future management of recreational red snapper?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal>11:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> How will the NMFS manage a state licensed for-hire vessel that catches red snapper in state waters?<o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-INDENT: -0.5in; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.5in" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>These are just a few significant questions that need dependable answers prior to any decision our membership can make regarding sector separation. As you are well aware, the discussion about sector separation has caused serious problems among all recreational fishermen in the Gulf. Many very experienced for-hire and private recreational fishermen have had much discussion on the possible impact of such a management proposal and we know of no one who has been able to provide answers to the questions above. We firmly believe that before any such manage proposal can be implemented, concrete answers to the above questions must be provided.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>We look forward to you prompt reply so we may be able to have a meaningful discussion with our membership.<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Thank you,<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Captain Bob Zales, II<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Executive Director<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Cc:file<o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><o:p></o:p><P style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal align=center><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Britannic Bold'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><o:p></o:p>

#115 ·
7: How will state licensed for-hire vessels be regulated to be constrained within the for-hire quota? Federally permitted vessels have a permit that can be sanctioned or revoked.

8:There is no penalty for a state licensed for-hire vessel that does not provide data. How will those vessels be managed so they have to comply with a data program as the federally permitted do?

We look forward to you prompt reply so we may be able to have a meaningful discussion with our membership.

Thank you,

Captain Bob Zales, II

Executive Director

Typo : on Q#7 Will Federally have a?

Little Typo : your? Maybe> look forward to you promptly replying so ?

Might want to look at Q# 8 Also little hard to follow:

There is no penalty! DO YOU WANT ONE ?.

do you want them comply as the federally permitted or DON"T WANT THEM TO ; "How will those vessels be" managed so they have to comply "with a data program as the federally permitted do"?

Not Trying to pick it apart but I would think you would like this pointed out before you sent it.

#116 ·
I have a NOVEL idea.....

This is an oldie but a goldie, so get ready for some retro action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bout we hire some biologists with taxpayer money and have them go out in the gulf and catch a few thousand red snapper. They can look at the average age of these fish, average weight of these fish, and even video the reefs to help determine density.

Based on that data, then we can issue yearly bag limits and recheck the situation in the same way year after year after year....

Instead of making this ridiculous excuse for a data set based on telephone surveys and charterboat data that is about as accurate as the weather forecaster.....................

I know, I know............ You are gonna ask "WOW... What a good idea! How can we get SoS incorporated?"

The answer is to dig a trench into a volcano until you hit molten lava, find every shred of evidence SoS ever existed, and dump it into said volcano.

Sounds like a plan to me...

Wait a minute:doh

I forgot. We have to hire 4,000 people to handle this procedure using taxpayer money or else we might ACTUALLY come close to having a balanced budget, and we can't be having that kind of nonsense, can we....

On second thought, let SoS rip! Sounds like a wonderful way to ineffectively spend all my tax dollars to slowly remove every shred of ambition from my nearly lifeless body!:banghead

#118 ·
I may be wrong on the percentages but i seem to recall reading something about the SOS plan that had breakdowns. Commercial fishing gets 51 % of the TAC and the recreational sector (including charte rboats) gets 49 % of the TAC. Under the SOS plan Commercial boats would get 51%, charter boats would get 25% and that would leavie 24% of the TAC for the recreational anglers. Even if the percentages are off a few points the math still adds up. The SOS plan is going to take fish as it's share but not take them from recreational anglers, that math don't work. Now if you say we're going to take 25% of the recreational TAC for our paying customer recreational anglers and leave the rest of you recreational anglers 24%, now that adds up.

Kim

#119 ·
:hotsun How much is a Snapper Fine if you get caught?We as rec fisherman don't have the money togrease and pay of whoever off, but maybe we have enough money togetherto keep in a pot to pay the fines if we get caught fishing snapper.So I say Fthe charters and F the comERCIAL and F the GOV and F the tourists! I fish because I love it!AND i LOVE TO EAT IT , i TRULY APPRIATE THE ENJOYMENT anyone who Fishes for anything else is a FAKE and just waisting there time!lets go fishing!!!! and I hope I catch every DAm snapper out there before anycharter boat! take money away from them Bastards. FAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!dAMIT

#120 ·
capt.eugene (10/22/2009)
Motion: to add options to the generic ACL/AM options paper to establish a for-hire sector complete with ACLs and AMs for all species that have commercial and recreational allocations.
:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag
Eugene,

goingback to your original posting on this topic.I noticed something. The original SoS plan called for sector separation with respect to red snapper.

Your post statesthat "establish a for-hire sector complete with ACLs and AMs for all species that have commercial and recreational allocations"

Is that true? Has SoS evolved already to the point they are talking about including vermillion snapper (mingo), triggerfish, amberjack, and groupers, basically all species that have a TAC includingI believe king mackerel?

Mark W

#122 ·
Kim (10/26/2009)I may be wrong on the percentages but i seem to recall reading something about the SOS plan that had breakdowns. Commercial fishing gets 51 % of the TAC and the recreational sector (including charte rboats) gets 49 % of the TAC. Under the SOS plan Commercial boats would get 51%, charter boats would get 25% and that would leavie 24% of the TAC for the recreational anglers. Even if the percentages are off a few points the math still adds up. The SOS plan is going to take fish as it's share but not take them from recreational anglers, that math don't work. Now if you say we're going to take 25% of the recreational TAC for our paying customer recreational anglers and leave the rest of you recreational anglers 24%, now that adds up.

Kim

Ether way you want to say it Kim.

I would be able to take normal everyday people fishing and be able to control overfishing in our sector.

#126 ·
Matt Mcleod (10/27/2009)
capt.eugene (10/27/2009)Yes sir it says all fisheries with : ACLs and AMs for all species that have commercial and recreational allocations.

I was not there so this was cut & pasted

Holy crap!!! I thought stealing the snapper was bad enough, but stealing everything! Wow! All I got is....WOW!!

Well thanks for not calling me a Liar this time .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.