Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 219 Posts

·
Praedator
9,927 Posts
If the SOS group's true intentions were to provide the numbers to be counted, it can be done without trying to grap a section of the recreational IFQ.

·
Registered
807 Posts
capt matt do not waste your time or energy with mr huntley. he has his commercial quota and until they come and take his away the gouvernment is great...he is also on the government payroll so once again he loves the government. one day he will be looking for our help...it will not be there!

·
Registered
221 Posts
The guys supporting the SOS plan need to argue for their share of the commercial sector. They don't consider themselves recs so i guess they should argue thatthey should take part ofthe 51%. Then tell me how muchBS ya'll get from the commercial guys. I've noticed they never really address any of the concerns expressed on this forum. They never mention what they are doing politically(outside NMFS and the like). Will one of you please address the idea that,SOS plan or not, you may not be able to keep anything eventually? Do you not see that? Bob appears to be the only vocal interest that wants what's best for us all. AndI'll support all day long those capts. who understand where the fight reallyis. It's not with the people who are represented in this forum. I hope I don't see the day thatcharter boatsbecome just like the netters did in the last decade. They pushed against the wrong crowd and didn't want to see the bigger issue, and for the betterment of the fishery they're gone.

Chris

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Why must there be sector seperation from Private Recreational anglers and Charter Recreational anglers? Why do the SOS guys think there should be a seperation between the two? I understand the SOS guys may want to use a system to count the fish that may be too expensive for the private guy to use, but why can't there be two different systems and the the gov't add the two together to come up with one number for both groups?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
capt.eugene (10/25/2009)So Matt

Are you going to take you share when the IFQ'S are doled out or are you going to pass.
I am a recreational fisherman, recreational fisherman don't have IFQ's!

But if I were you I would probably try to turn this around and make this about me, since you don't have any response to the issue o my post above.

Oh, and by the way you can copy this post and hold me to it, I don't want any IFQ's!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Waterhaserd

We don't Nmfs does So we added it to our plan to try to fast trac the road to recovery of the fishing not the fish THE FISHING/SEASON.

We need more days on the Water.

Sector Separation makes it easer for NMFS to Manage

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Matt Mcleod (10/25/2009)
capt.eugene (10/25/2009)So Matt

You don't have a federal license you are purely state license rec fisherman.
:banghead :banghead

What does that have to do with the SOS plan ripping people off?
Capt Eugene doesnt want to answer the question so its....DEFLECT DEFLECT:banghead

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well if you don't have Federal license your state will take care of your worries Unless you take you charters to federal waters.

What Question All Matt posted up there was that were a bunch of liars.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
capt.eugene (10/25/2009)Well if you don't have Federal license your state will take care of your worries Unless you take you charters to federal waters.
Again I ask,what does that have to do with the SOS plan?

What happened? I thought you guys wanted to "talk about the issues" , wanted to discuss, debate so that everyone would understand you are the saviors of recreational fishing??

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
capt.eugene (10/25/2009)Waterhaserd

We don't Nmfs does So we added it to our plan to try to fast trac the road to recovery of the fishing not the fish THE FISHING/SEASON.

We need more days on the Water.

Sector Separation makes it easer for NMFS to Manage

Water hazard heres were I answered you Question

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Matt Mcleod (10/25/2009)
capt.eugene (10/25/2009)Well if you don't have Federal license your state will take care of your worries Unless you take you charters to federal waters.

Again I ask,what does that have to do with the SOS plan?

What happened? I thought you guys wanted to "talk about the issues" , wanted to discuss, debate so that everyone would understand you are the saviors of recreational fishing??

Why can't you answer you scared you will be called all those Expletives you have called us.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Capt Eugene, I am going to step out of this conversation right now so you can debate this with Matt...Please enlighten us all...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sector Separation makes it easer for NMFS to Manage[/quote]

What's going to happen when you over fish the quota one year??? The Same Old Stuff, shorter season or worse, no season.

IF YOU GIVE A MAN ENOUGH ROPE, HE WILL EVENTUALLY HANG HIMSELF. That's what NMFS has in mind !!!

Good Luck With That, Over.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
If a person manages his IFQ there will be no over fishing and if he does not it will be Him penalized not all.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Here is my response to this, and another thread that was on earler:

Dear Mr. Secretary of Commerce:

Dear Mr. Commissioner - NMFS

Dear Mr. Commissioner - Gulf States MFS

Mr. U.S. Senator

Mr. U.S. Congressman:

I am a RECREATIONAL FISHERMAN. And I want your job, and your bosses job, and I'm coming after them. For the reduction of the Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper limits and seasons, the closing of the AJ season, and proposing the changes to the Gruper seasons (or for allowing them), all based on flawed data provided by the commercial sector of the fishing industry. I am a RECREATIONAL FISHERMAN and your changes, or those you allowed, based upon unscientific data has changed my way of life, and I want that lifestyle back, and I intend to get it; with you or without you. You should be very scared, because I am one of millions of RECREATIONAL FISHERMEN olong the gulf coast who are fed up and refuse to continue to take what you dish out. Remember the Boston Tea Party? That was nothing compared to what a pissed off RECREATIONAL FISHERMAN is capable of. We are voters. We put millions of dollars each year into businesses ran for the benefit of RECREATIONAL FISHERMEN. We intend to aim this clout against those who have mandated, or allowed, the continued erosion of the limits and seasons of the RECREATIONAL FISHERMAN while granting larger portions of the total catch to the commercial sector, including charter boats. Enough is enough.

Signed.

Mitch Sims

A pissed off RECREATIONAL FISHERMAN

41 - 60 of 219 Posts