Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hunting outside of Crestview area haventbeen in the woods muchbut havent seen any buck doe relations happening in my area but that doesnt mean its not happening. I know it might bea little early but maybe we canhelp each other by telling what were seeing. Sooooooo what you allseeing as far as rut activity in your hunting neighborhood? Merry Christmas All :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
our rut doesn't happen until late jan. or early feb.

the last 2 weeks of hunting season are usually the best.

the more does you shoot now, the better your rut will be.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'v been seeing squirrels and rabbits and birds.... hope this helps

:banghead:banghead

Would like to see some deer!!!!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i killed a 7 point this morning in walnut hill. tarsals were clean and his neck was still skinny. whipper snapper is right. the rut isnt until the last 2 weeks of the season. however, i did a lil walking in Evergreen and found a bunch of big rubs and some scrapes too. but reguardless, the rut is still nearly a month away

·
Super Moderator
28,639 Posts
Wed. I went to my lease property just north of Laurel Hill and along a woodline there were 2 scrapes...I went back tonight and there were 8-10 fresh scrapes....I tried to work some magic but only saw 2 deer come out at dark and could not put horns on them...When I came out, I shined up the 2 and the 2 turned into 7 w/ 1 looking like a buck...I'll catch him eventually!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know its early but the different phases of the rut are something to pay attention to alsoimo.Im more curious to see if we canhelp each other know when its happening and maybe what to look for in your arearather then what phase of it your seeing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I'm talkinboutJason... Maybe we can get enough involved to watch the rut via the net move through our area?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer onmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'796\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'796\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'796\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" style="DISPLAY: inline" onclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'796\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'796\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'796\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">ScullsMcNasty perfect and congrats on the 7......</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
439 Posts
I dropped a big Nanny last night, and she still had her yearliing with her, and another Doe came out soon after. The rut is still 2 to 3 weeks off here in Baldwin County.

·
Registered
782 Posts
KoolKat45 (12/22/2007)I know its early but the different phases of the rut are something to pay attention to alsoimo.Im more curious to see if we canhelp each other know when its happening and maybe what to look for in your arearather then what phase of it your seeing.
if there is some people that are close to where you are hunting they will certainly help your forcasting. you can't depend on information of someone that hunts even 40-50 miles away. remember, it all depends on when your does get ready. i do believe you should start seeing some pre-rut signs up to a month in advance. i shot a few does this last weak and none of them were near coming in. i am also a long way from you. you should pay attention to what the black water hunters are reporting as well. remember also the true crazy ass rut, only lasts for about 3 days. the rest of the action is pre and post rut.

·
Registered
11 Posts
on my land west of greenville alabama 2 weeks ago i saw a few small scrapes nothing to get real excited about porbally be atleast mid january till it its hard if not closer to the end of the season

·
Registered
75 Posts
i hunt all alog hwy4 and in between 4 and 90 in baker holt munson area and someone got a doe friday and said that she is starting to piss on herself and in backer someone had two bucks fighting in there drive way it was not a seriuos fight just bumping a little heads but i think if it stays cold like this it might happen a little early the end of jan

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
it wont be far off, IF and I say IF we can get some constant cold weather. Plus on this full moon, I think with the timing of this cold snap, you will probably see a little more pre rut as well. The bucks are rubbing and scraping on our place as well, but don't think they are serious yet. But if you do find a good buck working a scrap line, NOW is the time to start toying with is emotions with some scents. And not doe in heat. Use other dominate buck scents. Then when he gets hot and heavy trying to figure out who is coming into his house and pissing on his carpet, then drop a little standing doe pee and click your bow off safety, cause he is a coming

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
haven't seen a single buck on Blackwater this year...except the one I schwammied tonight! Seen does...of course. When would you start using the Lil' Can and grunts?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Caspr21 (12/23/2007)it wont be far off, IF and I say IF we can get some constant cold weather. Plus on this full moon, I think with the timing of this cold snap, you will probably see a little more pre rut as well. The bucks are rubbing and scraping on our place as well, but don't think they are serious yet. But if you do find a good buck working a scrap line, NOW is the time to start toying with is emotions with some scents. And not doe in heat. Use other dominate buck scents. Then when he gets hot and heavy trying to figure out who is coming into his house and pissing on his carpet, then drop a little standing doe pee and click your bow off safety, cause he is a coming
if im not mistaken(i could be wrong) but isnt it the amount of daylight in the day that determines the rut rather than the temp. i know alot of people that think the cold weather starts the rut but from what i read its the sunlight... just a lil tid bit of info. cold weather just increases daytime deer movement.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (12/24/2007)
Caspr21 (12/23/2007)it wont be far off, IF and I say IF we can get some constant cold weather. Plus on this full moon, I think with the timing of this cold snap, you will probably see a little more pre rut as well. The bucks are rubbing and scraping on our place as well, but don't think they are serious yet. But if you do find a good buck working a scrap line, NOW is the time to start toying with is emotions with some scents. And not doe in heat. Use other dominate buck scents. Then when he gets hot and heavy trying to figure out who is coming into his house and pissing on his carpet, then drop a little standing doe pee and click your bow off safety, cause he is a coming
if im not mistaken(i could be wrong) but isnt it the amount of daylight in the day that determines the rut rather than the temp. i know alot of people that think the cold weather starts the rut but from what i read its the sunlight... just a lil tid bit of info. cold weather just increases daytime deer movement.

I think you are right. It is one big washing machine that all the factors have to be put into place. You do see more activity during colder days due to the deer needing to keep the metabolism high.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts