Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Water resources Ecoregion Line Urban design

Russ have y’all ever run Spanish River? Is it deep enough to run from Raft to Mobile River? I’m trying to work out a bait situation and need to get from Raft to Mobile without going all way around.

· Registered
8,436 Posts
Looks like there's a boat starting up river in that pic. Two civil war ships in there Joey. You closet diving for goodies now?

· Registered
1,807 Posts
It’s doable but I’ve also heard not to stop once you commit. I’ve never had the need to run it so I have not done it first hand.

Edit: carry a push pole if you try it in the winter 😁

· Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s doable but I’ve also heard not to stop once you commit. I’ve never had the need to run it so I have not done it first hand.

Edit: carry a push pole if you try it in the winter 😁
Thank you.
Seems like it would be enough current from Mobile River to keep it reasonably deep. 3 or 4‘

· VIP of the PFF
9,458 Posts
I have no idea, I've never run it before. I'm leery of a lot of water over there. Way too much shallow water over in the lower delta . Found a new under water sand bar over there the other day that I didn't know was there ! Makes my butthole pucker up and chew the seat when I get off the beaten water paths that I'm familiar with over there.

· Registered
17 Posts
Russ have y’all ever run Spanish River? Is it deep enough to run from Raft to Mobile River? I’m trying to work out a bait situation and need to get from Raft to Mobile without going all way around.
I eased through there on Friday from the Mobile river side, took it slow cause it had been a long time. It's plenty deep enough just be careful in some of the sketchy looking areas. I didn't screw up until I got to the mouth at Grand Bay, I think I got a little too far to the left side and got into the mud.

· Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I eased through there on Friday from the Mobile river side, took it slow cause it had been a long time. It's plenty deep enough just be careful in some of the sketchy looking areas. I didn't screw up until I got to the mouth at Grand Bay, I think I got a little too far to the left side and got into the mud.
Good deal. I’ll try next weekend. Thanks

· Registered
223 Posts
nothing to it from the middle to the south bank you are good. As soon as you go in from the Mobile river side about 60 yards on the south side there is a large drop off almost like a giant hole, ease up to the bank and fish back toward the channel. There is no telling what you will pull from that location, from flatheads, blue cats, red fish and flounder. At the right time it can be amazing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts