Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After asking all my PFF forum member "Friends" if they want to go fishing, Lingfisher, (Ryan) STEPS up and commits to go (poor fellow)!

We are out the pass at 0745 and run into 3ft with some 1's mixed in. Decide to run to the SE, and stop at a few places. If anyone asks, I am responsible for wiping out the Ruby Red Lips at the Penhall!!!! I admit, I should have moved on to the next spot, but I didn't. :poke

OK, now with a live well brimming with 600lbs of Ruby Reds, we move to Tennaco, send down live bait and, NOTHING!!! Zachary is seasick, and we got nothing. Throw Zachary a Dramamine, he recovers, drops a line and, BIG Mingo. we get a bunch of Mingo then cold.

Move to the big "O" with the live bait and...... NADA :banghead

Hook up a butterfly jig, and after Ryan see's me jig,he says,"Give me that!!!!" I hand over the Torium 30/Trevala rod and:

And

and

Ryan makes it look so easy that Zachary:

Get's in. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks to Ryans natural jigging movement and Zachary powering through his seasickness we end up with a price per pound fishbox that is descent.

In honor of Recess, the Groupermaster of the day also goes to our Guest!!!

GREAT day out offshore, and looking forward to the next trip!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Scot and Crew it was good to see you at Sherman's Cove today. Good meeting you Ryan also. Scot that son of yours is quickly becoming a good fisherman. Congrates Zac that's was one nice football. Gene

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
looks like a good trip scott! nice box of fish...

mike

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
a beautiful day on the water,fish in the box and smiles all around. what more could you ask for a saturday in the winter??? nice job guys!:clap

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Nicegrade of mingos Scott!By the reports, mingos have been mia this winter so you hit the honey hole for sure and very nice Ajs to boot....I'd love to have achunk of Aj for grillin....hint, hint...

I sooooo wanted to jump on board yourinvite...hopefully work will let up a bit. :banghead

Nice box of fish Scott and love your boy's expression feeling the tug....You are the dad of the year in my book!

Thanks for posting, I was just about to send you a pm requesting you do so...LOL

Now! Where's the Recess Report??? C-mon guys you killing me with suspense!!

Jimmy

·
Registered
330 Posts
If anyone asks, I am responsible for wiping out the Ruby Red Lips at the Penhall!!!! I admit, I should have moved on to the next spot, but I didn't. :poke

Scot that isjust to dang funny right there. I thought we had an understanding that you were not going to slaughter the red lips any more. Looks like yall had a blast and caught some good eats. Looks forward to seeing you on the water in the near future.

Team Recess

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Great report! It was nice to meet you guys at the ramp today. That was a nice mingo, and that pic is priceless.

·
Super Moderator
29,283 Posts
Way ta bring some up from the depths!!! Nice AJ's:hungry:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ha your the one responsable for wipping out all the ruby red lips ,did you know your chaos and irresponsability has spread past the pennhall and all the way to the edge ,you really need to manage your limits better i think they are about extinct now because of you.:poke Just kidding . It was nice to see yall at sherman last night and i'm glad you got some good dinner to boot also by the way that mingo was HUGE, great job. Keep up the good work see you soon.

TIM

·
Registered
502 Posts
too funny! enjoy your reports, and great seeing you guys at Sherman Cove last night. very nice mingo, btw, and great job on the ajs.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The first picture of me pointing was at a boat that Zachary noticed had a 150 on one side and a 175 or 200 on the other side. :letsdrink

Bad picture but you can see the cowlings are different.

Didn't mention snapper but this was the biggest one. Vented and swam away just fine.

Heven't heard from Ryan, he may be a little sore.

:clap

·
Registered
838 Posts
Scott

The boat with the 2 different cowlings...that's me sittin on the gunnel with the orange visor. Had no idea that was you guys. First time Ive been out on someone elses boat in years.

The boat was picked up in auction after ivan. One cowling was busted and replaced with a 175...same size as 150.

We killed a 31" aj and released a legel scamp and a 22" RNS. Stops included edge, anteres, chevron, and tenneco. Very slow day, thanks for the report, keep it up.

Tom

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
daddytime (3/7/2010)Scott

The boat with the 2 different cowlings...that's me sittin on the gunnel with the orange visor. Had no idea that was you guys. First time Ive been out on someone elses boat in years.

The boat was picked up in auction after ivan. One cowling was busted and replaced with a 175...same size as 150.

We killed a 31" aj and released a legel scamp and a 22" RNS. Stops included edge, anteres, chevron, and tenneco. Very slow day, thanks for the report, keep it up.

Tom
Dagum it, we need some forum flags!!!!! :usaflag :nonono

Tom we were wondering if that boat did big circles with 25 more horse on one side!!!!:letsdrink

I think I am the only Robalo CC with radar in this area so give me a yell next time you see us!:letsparty

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Great post Scott, keep on being a great dad and a fisherman, and speaking of Daddy's, nice to see you post once in a while Tom. Miss those Daddytime reports. Glad both of you were able to get out and put some blood on the deck.:bowdown

1 - 20 of 24 Posts