Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted up in the "Need A Ride" section Tuesday or Wed, when the forecast was 1 to 2. Jimt and Shanester and Jesse filled the crew. After the forecast went 3 to 5ft, I was going to call it off when the wave forecast started to come down and the crew were still willing to give it a shot.

So we head out the pass to see what we got.After finding 3ft and not being able to hear Jesse or Shane due to crashing waves, Jim and I start the Navy Marine Corps thing: Don't Blink!!!!

We slowly get out to the SE and anchor up in 119ft. Red Porgies, Juvvie AJ's, Red and a couple LaneSnapper, a short Trigger. A Sand Perch that jimt took and may end up as table fair at his Kill it, Grill it party.

To me the story of the day was Jesse, 15yo and READY to fish!!! I believe he was using a Senator 6/0 on a Penn Rod that had Rollers on the top and the bottom. He was busy and extremely enthusiastic!!!!

Seeing he was the smallest crewmember using the biggest rod and reel :bowdown, I let him try my Torium Trevalacombo, after 2 drops he very politly hands my combo back to me and picks up his Penn combo and had the happiest look on his face!!!! Priceless!!!

Seemed to me that the waves turned to 4 to 5 and we decided to head back in around 1pm. It made us feel better that Recess had also called it an early day. NEXT TIME!!!

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,451 Posts
Run Dover (3/27/2010)I posted up in the "Need A Ride" section Tuesday or Wed, when the forecast was 1 to 2. Jimt and Shanester and Jesse filled the crew. After the forecast went 3 to 5ft, I was going to call it off when the wave forecast started to come down and the crew were still willing to give it a shot.

So we head out the pass to see what we got.After finding 3ft and not being able to hear Jesse or Shane due to crashing waves, Jim and I start the Navy Marine Corps thing: Don't Blink!!!!

We slowly get out to the SE and anchor up in 119ft. Red Porgies, Juvvie AJ's, Red and a couple LaneSnapper, a short Trigger. A Sand Perch that jimt took and may end up as table fair at his Kill it, Grill it party.

To me the story of the day was Jesse, 15yo and READY to fish!!! I believe he was using a Senator 6/0 on a Penn Rod that had Rollers on the top and the bottom. He was busy and extremely enthusiastic!!!!

Seeing he was the smallest crewmember using the biggest rod and reel :bowdown, I let him try my Torium Trevalacombo, after 2 drops he very politly hands my combo back to me and picks up his Penn combo and had the happiest look on his face!!!! Priceless!!!

Seemed to me that the waves turned to 4 to 5 and we decided to head back in around 1pm. It made us feel better that Recess had also called it an early day. NEXT TIME!!!

On the way home the conversation went something like this...

jim t... "I normally just turn around and go back to the dock on days like this after trying the pass..."

Run Dover... "Yeah, me too, but you didn't say anything and I sure as heck wasn't gonna suggest it and have some squid trash a Marineon the PFF for being a sissy..."

By the way... Scott was a Crew Chief for Fat Albert... a Blue Angel.

Fun day on the water all the same...

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice box of fish Scott... You are the man for going today.... Did you happen to catch any Ruby Red Lips? Guess they are becoming extinct too....LOL Burt

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well you did better than us. Congrats on getting a mess of fish despite the conditions. We only had the morning to fish so we left about 545 from the marina only to find it would take two hours or better to get out to where we wanted to fish so the captain decided to limp out about 8 miles and we brought home one barely legal AJ. Caught a few short AJ's and some short grouper also. Needless to say we took a few good waves over the bow on the way out and in.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slipsinker (3/27/2010)Nice box of fish Scott... You are the man for going today.... Did you happen to catch any Ruby Red Lips? Guess they are becoming extinct too....LOL Burt
No Ruby's today but if someone says that the Red Porgies have been wiped out at the 21 Hole, I don't know what they are talking about. We left them biting!!!!! :doh :letsdrink

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Glad to see ya's get out Scott. Seemed a little windy today. Have you been getting any Mingo's lately?Seems like we can't find em anywhere.

Skip

·
Registered
549 Posts
Scot It was good talking with you and your crew today. When you called me today, we were on our way in with our tails tucked between our legs. I was maybe 40 miles out and heading back to shore. I never seen you but we were to the west of your position. Looks like you had a good day except for the weather. I know it got pretty bumpy where we were at. Gene

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Glad you guys were able to get out, weather like like that is rough on the old bones. Glad you guys made the best of it.:clap

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well Scott, no one can call you a "fair weather fisherman" after your venture today. Glad you guys got out and caught fish. Last time we hit the 21 hole it was overloaded with undersized AJ's. Just checked the weather and Wednesday looks like 75 degrees with 1 to 2 foot seas. If that holds up it can't get much better. I'm thinking about getting up a trip for then to the edge and might need a crew member if you are interested.I'm determined to find those darn elusive MIngo. They must be hiding from the government so their bag limit will diminish to nothing...........haha Ed

·
Registered
502 Posts
Scott, glad you made it out there today and made the best of it. Hopefully, we'll have better conditions next weekend.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Scott,

Nice box of fish in tough conditions and that young man's smile says it all.

You da man!!!

Jimmy

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
GLAD ALL WENT "SWELL" FOR YA OUT THERE ON THE "HIGH SEAS" SCOTT. AT LEAST YA GOT SOME FISH SANDWITCHES FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, it's been over 2 days and Shane hasn't responded!!!! :doh

Jim t, was our trip fishing that bad?????? :boo

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You guys are awesome to take on water like that. You see from our last post when we go. Looking good for wed and thurs. Want to play hookie from work and try for the rigs. 1's or less.

Oh and a nice box of bait errrr I mean fillets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts