Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,560 Posts
I like the mkII best of all MKIII has the loaded indicator, and a different mag release. I currently have three MKII’s one is a stainless slab side target model, the other is a black 5” bull barrel. I also have one that I built from a frame it has a tactical solutions upper on it with an 8oz trigger... it is my suppressor host and my favorite by far. My wife loves the slab side Nd she shoots it well. Great guns!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,634 Posts
What can would be the best and quietest for both my mk1 and .17 hmr? And should the mk1 barrel be threaded at 1/2x28 ?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
What can would be the best and quietest for both my mk1 and .17 hmr? And should the mk1 barrel be threaded at 1/2x28 ?
I have a Sparrow suppressor by Silencerco.
If I get another, it will be built by Rumbl Wepnz. local gunsmith
He builds a rimfire suppressor for $250.00 and it is QUIET.
Yes 1/2" x 28 is standard thread for rimfire suppressors. Take it to Rumbl Wepnz to get it threaded. I think he charges about $75.00 to thread it.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Unless you are shooting subsonic ammo, your rifle or pistol will not be silent. You will not hear a report but you will hear the sonic crack of the bullet flying through the air. Especially with the .17 HMR.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,634 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping there was one made specifically for the 17HMR, since they don't make subsonic ammo for it, at least to my knowledge they don't.
But I can do the sub .22 and clean out some raccoons and 'possums. I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Found me one.
It’s a Mark III target model, but it came with a blued threaded barrel as well. Also a holographic red /green dot sight.
Volquartsen target grip as well as the original Ruger wood grips.
Can’t wait to give it a try.
Trigger has been tricked and polished as well. Guessing it’s about 2 1/2# or so. Really crisp with no creep.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts