Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just realized the link I posted had me logged in on Gun Broker......oops

Looking at purchasing one of these pistols and came across this nice Stainless Satin Black model on Gun Broker.
I want it threaded so I can use my rim fire suppressor.
I’ve only shot one of these once, many years ago. I like the looks of the hunter model grip with the finger grooves. This particular model does not have that grip.
Any thoughts on these guns?
I’ve always heard they are great.
It will primarily be used at the range, plinking. However it may eliminate a few unwanted varmits around the hacienda on occasion. :whistling:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I have the Mk-IV w/bull barrel and have no complaints, especially since it was given to me by a friend. Another friend gave me left-hand grips for it. Makes it aggravating for a RH shooter to shoot it.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,528 Posts
The 22/45 has a different grip angle than the first one you posted. Some like it, some don't. I'd go to a gun shop and handle them both.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,635 Posts
I've got an old .22 semi-auto ruger, I believe it's called a standard model, b4 they called it a mk1. Ser. no. is 5 digit, made in 1951/52. It has a 12" barrel. Not the original barrel, but was done by a smith in p'cola who's long ago passed away. He was a well known smith who did excellent work. He stamp marked the barrel with the date and his initials when the barrel was swapped. Shoots really great. Always wanted to can it, maybe 1-day I will.
G/L on your quest.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got an old .22 semi-auto ruger, I believe it's called a standard model, b4 they called it a mk1. Ser. no. is 5 digit, made in 1951/52. It has a 12" barrel. Not the original barrel, but was done by a smith in p'cola who's long ago passed away. He was a well known smith who did excellent work. He stamp marked the barrel with the date and his initials when the barrel was swapped. Shoots really great. Always wanted to can it, maybe 1-day I will.
G/L on your quest.
Howard can thread that barrel and build you a can.
Google “Rumbl Wepnz”

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have one that i bought new in the late 70s. Mine is SS and has a 10 inch bull barrel. it has had literally thousands of rounds through it and has never misfired or jammed. Oh and did I mention that it has never been cleaned till last year when my son decided to take it down and clean it. I gave $210 for it and still have the box it came in.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,528 Posts
22/45 is the exact grip angle of a 1911... extremely comfortable IMHO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I know, but as shocking as it may seem, not everyone is a fan of the 1911. I don't understand it, but hey I don't tell girls what gun to like.

·
Super Moderator
12,520 Posts
I know, but as shocking as it may seem, not everyone is a fan of the 1911. I don't understand it, but hey I don't tell girls what gun to like.
I think a 1911 is the most comfortable handgun ever made, it's a shame it's a complete POS..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts