Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an Annual Warbrobe Event advertisement on Eglin AFB good through August 23rd, 2012. In it they are offering firearms and ammo. They are offering a Ruger 10/22 rifle with the wood stock and standard blued barrel for $195.00. Also offering 550 rounds of Winchester .22LR ammunition for $20.00.

I have never owned a 10/22 but it sounds like a good deal as I am a lefty and it appeals to me. Does anyone care to chime in and give me their opinion on the 10/22?

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
10/22 go go go

I have several 10/22 riles, and they are all amazing firearms. In addition to being highly customizable, most modifications do not even require a gunsmith. Pretty much everything related to the 10/22 is made for easy drop-in installation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 10/22 really is about the most fun you can ever have with a plinkster. If you ever get bored with the rifle, there are about 10million things you can do to make it a completely different firearm.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,613 Posts
If you can find a Dicks Sporting Goods or Academy, they usually have them for ~$20-40 less
Dicks is high as a cats ass....239.99 but the 10/22 is an epic rifle.... Great gun!

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
Everybody should own at least one 10/22. I haven't checked in a while but I don't think that's a particularly great price on the gun or the ammo. Compare it to Academy and WalMart.
BUT, since it's tax free on Eglin you would have to figure that in also.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have a couple and love them. Like was said they are probably the best selling 22 auto rifle.

The only issue I've ever had is mine don't like the standard velocity ammo w/lead bullets. They just didn't seem to have the power to reliably cycle the action. Hi velocity ammo with jacketed bullets never presented any feeding or cycling problems so I'll only shoot that type, and save the standard velocity for the single shots.

Others have said their's shoots the standard velocities with no problems so I may be the exception (wouldn't be the first time).

Rick

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the input. I did pick one up. Very nice rifle. Now to buy some optics. The eyes aren't what they used to be.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Does any one else find it absolutely stupid that you can go to Eglin AFB, or most military bases, and purchase a firearm inside the base and also buy as much ammo as you want, still inside the base, but you can't bring your own firearm through the gates????????

Who makes up this stuff?
That's a rhetorical question.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did buy it on base and they walk you out of the PX and hand you the rifle in the parking lot. I thought that was pretty humerous.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I did buy it on base and they walk you out of the PX and hand you the rifle in the parking lot. I thought that was pretty humerous.
Yeah, but you're still on the base right??????

It's like they are saying it's OK to shoot up the base so long as you buy the gun from us and don't bring your own gun here to do it with. Obviously not but it makes about that much sense.

The 3 day wait on a hand gun is just as assanine. Nope, you can't buy a 5 shot revolver and take it home with you for home protection but you can buy an AK and go kill every one in Walmart. Makes a pile of sense.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, but you're still on the base right??????

It's like they are saying it's OK to shoot up the base so long as you buy the gun from us and don't bring your own gun here to do it with. Obviously not but it makes about that much sense.

The 3 day wait on a hand gun is just as assanine. Nope, you can't buy a 5 shot revolver and take it home with you for home protection but you can buy an AK and go kill every one in Walmart. Makes a pile of sense.
I also purchased at the same time extra magazines and 1110 rounds of .22 long rifle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts