Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
No review on the back pack, but assume its similar construction as the soft cooler. Got ny wife a pink 30 few years ago, I use it all the time. Pre cooled drinks and pack it with ice, holds for damn near 2 days. 3rd day water is still pretty cold.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
In my experience, I'd say that if YETI is the "standard" and were to be given a rating of 100%, then the RTIC products are about 98.5%.

FWIW - I own several YETI, RTIC, Engel, Ozark Trail, Kula, Igloo, Coleman, and a few other coolers. Guess you could say that I have a little bit of a cooler problem. But, I use every one of them a little differently.

·
Super Moderator
7,086 Posts
Had mine since January, a frozen gallon jug of water in the bottom will keep everything cold for a few days providing the kids don't leave it unzipped.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Got one for a gift 2 Christmases ago, threw it away in May. The seams started splitting at the zipper and the bottom. If I'd paid $200 for it I'd not be too tickled at this point!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Are there any of these backpack style soft coolers that are worh a damn for walking the beach for flounder. Fish fins tear up every one I've tried.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My zipper has an issue, still usable, holds ice well. But it’s kinda a pain.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have one and it is awesome. Use it at the beach and on the boat. No zipper problems to speak of. They are fantastic and keep stuff cold for a great amount of time. Just added more beer to the ice from yesterday as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
591 Posts
We have three in various sizes and really like them. Each one did come with a tube of zipper lube. It definitely helps to put that stuff on a couple of time per year.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No experience with the backpack one. I would highly recommend the the square soft 30. If done right will hold ice for a few days and the strap to carry is comfortable. But if you need a backpack that’s a different deal. It looks to be a different quality of product but I don’t own one son not going to speak on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
We purchased the soft cooler. About 13 months after seems came apart. Called and they recommended glueing it back. Won’t buy another one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've tested a couple of different backpacks that friends have, including the RTIC and Yeti, and believe it or not I settled on the Ozark Trail backpack for sheer comfort. Wider straps than both high $$ ones. My bud that has the RTIC hasn't had an issue with his zipper, but he doesn't use it much. I've zipped/unzipped my OT hundreds of times with no issue, but it isn't water tight (at the zipper).
Also, I've only ever had specks in mine - no punctures, so it may be ok for flounder too. I wouldn't try a hardhead, though...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have an Engel. It has a 1,000 compartments. It is an art to how to pack them for efficiency. I always need what is on the bottom. I use it for picnics but not for off shore or beach. Too much trouble. But it's purty:):thumbup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts