Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to go yesterday evening just before dark near Fort Morgan. It was pretty rough with some grass mixed in. No pomps but did manage a nice mess of smallish Whiting caught very close to the beach. Somebody mentioned fish tacos the other day. This mess will work out just right!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I got a chance to go yesterday evening just before dark near Fort Morgan. It was pretty rough with some grass mixed in. No pomps but did manage a nice mess of smallish Whiting caught very close to the beach. Somebody mentioned fish tacos the other day. This mess will work out just right!
Enjoy.
We need a recipe! :thumbup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought I would like fish tacos either until I tried em a couple years ago. I think it was Market By the Bay or Shrimp Basket that got my attention. The only time we made em at home all I had to do was blacken some Mahi. It was basically a cabbage slaw with tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and peppers.
This mess of whiting didn't make it to the taco experiment though. They got fried. I'm thinking a shallow pan fry would work better for the tacos. Have ya'll ever tried blackening whiting?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I never thought I would like fish tacos either until I tried em a couple years ago. I think it was Market By the Bay or Shrimp Basket that got my attention. The only time we made em at home all I had to do was blacken some Mahi. It was basically a cabbage slaw with tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and peppers.
This mess of whiting didn't make it to the taco experiment though. They got fried. I'm thinking a shallow pan fry would work better for the tacos. Have ya'll ever tried blackening whiting?

Seems to violate some oxymoron rule. :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts