Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent an hour Friday preparing my gear for Saturday hunt. Started Saturday morning off by meeting Combat at 5 am at Circle K and heading North to Blackwater. We arrive at our location and I commence to gearing up for the 1/2 - 3/4 mile walk. Well I pull the clip to load my 30-06 and it hits me, my damn bullets are in my truck not my pack. Combat heads out to climb a tree and I head back to Milton, retrieve the much needed projectiles and head North AGAIN. I get settled in my stand at 6:50. At 7 a doe and 2 lil ones come trotting in and stop 40 yds looking back and started feeding away from me. I watch them disappear through the pines. At 7:30 I see movement again, same direction the first 3 came from, binos up...a doe and another one being pushed around and the next horns (small ones), get the rifle up and all that is viewable is rear end. A total of about 6 deer passed by. They fed away from me so I pulled out the grunt call, hit it 3 times and he turned and was bee-lining right to me. In range, but all I could see was neck and head over the gallberries (see photo).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,685 Posts
Good job getting a public buck!!!! Congrats!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.