Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the area living in Milton, going through flight school with the Navy. I am from Oregon originally and learned to fish with my dad on the rivers and lakes there. He is coming to visit me here for a few days and we want to go fishing for some of the time. We are interested in both Deep Sea fishing for a day, and going in the bay/rivers another.

Can anyone help steer me to a good deep sea guide that is reasonable???
Can anyone help give me directions to some good spots to spend on the water with my dad (river/bays)???

Also, I will need to get him a rod and tackle, it is easier than bringing it in his 18 wheels across the country. So what stores are best to find the basics around here?

Thanks for your help and hospitality

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd really suggest 3 steps for you to take:

1. call Capt Wes Rosier, go fish with him a time or two and learn from him
2. meet the guys at Outcast Bait and Tackle, let them show you around, but wait to buy the gear until after you fish with Capt Wes so you will know what type of fish you want to target and your style, what you like, don't like, etc
3. get your stuff from Outcast and get to know the guys there, they will treat you right and help you learn for years and years and years

just my 2 cents worth, but I would not waste my time with the other stores, be efficient and get out on the water with the right people and the right gear and catch fish

·
Registered
662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

sel1005 said:
I'd really suggest 3 steps for you to take:

1. call Capt Wes Rosier, go fish with him a time or two and learn from him
2. meet the guys at Outcast Bait and Tackle, let them show you around, but wait to buy the gear until after you fish with Capt Wes so you will know what type of fish you want to target and your style, what you like, don't like, etc
3. get your stuff from Outcast and get to know the guys there, they will treat you right and help you learn for years and years and years

just my 2 cents worth, but I would not waste my time with the other stores, be efficient and get out on the water with the right people and the right gear and catch fish
You won't get better advice than that. Have fun and post a report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts