Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this rook rack for carrying rod and reels which seemed to provide good secure protection from reels. I will be transporting rod and reels including level wind combos with a SUV. I had envisioned something like this before ever looking on the internet. When I found this, I noticed it is discontinued. Does anyone have any experience with these or similar products or some helpful tips? Thanks.

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/thule-885.html

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I've never seen one of those....I do use the largestbazooka pro flambeauextendable model that works real good....for the rods only...I just put them together when I get down there and will use it in the van with the reels on them(for rod and reel storage)...works great for me....fits my 9ft one piece rods with no problem

·
Registered
163 Posts
I made a rack for inside my van. The van has a coat hook on each side in the back. I have a piece of conduit with a hole in each end and a loop made from a zip tie through each hole so that each end will hang on the coat hooks. A peice of pipe insulation pads the bar. I have a smaller bar in the front that just hooks over the top of the trim that covers the edge of the headliner. (The front bar has just the weight of the rod tips os it doesn't need much support.) I always feel more secure with the rods inside the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts