Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some mildew on the shingles of my roof in a few spots, and it needs cleaning, bleaching, etc... Who does this? I did my home in Cantonment but the pitch was not that bad... This is a two story and my wife won't let my ass up there!

Any referrals are appreciated!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
My neighbors house had it done by some outfit hired by some government agency that had reprocessed it in order to make it look better.

They did it with a power washer and it was ashpalt shingled. I think they blew about half the lifespan of the shingle off.

Keep the mold and mildew away by stretching a length of naked copper wire along either side of the roof ridge line. Like what is used for grounding your meter box to the ground rod size but any naked copper wire will do the same. The bigger gauge the longer it will last. Braided or solid does not matter.

As the copper wire ages it will give off copper oxide and enough of it will invisibly coat the shingles and the mold and mildew will not grow on that surface. It is a fungicide.

If you drive around and see houses with mildew problems on their shingled roof and they have copper, lead or even galvanized vents, the shingles downstream are clean of mildew. That is due to the copper, lead and zinc oxides coming off the vents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, There are so many various products you can use for cleaning your roof. You ask the experts for this. There are organic products and which gives good results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts