Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am but I am having trouble getting the details. I signed up a while ago but did not print out the captain meeting notes or the categories. I haven't fished this tournament in about three years but I remember the weigh ins are at Shorline. I started following the Facebook page but not much detail. I got the basics if it is the same as last time I fished it but I would like some info on the captains meeting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am but I am having trouble getting the details. I signed up a while ago but did not print out the captain meeting notes or the categories. I haven't fished this tournament in about three years but I remember the weigh ins are at Shorline. I started following the Facebook page but not much detail. I got the basics if it is the same as last time I fished it but I would like some info on the captains meeting.
Pretty sure the captain's meeting is at 6:00 pm on Friday at Red Fish, Blue Fish. You can check the website for more info, as well as rules and regulations.

·
Registered
318 Posts
thanks,
the GCKFA website was down for a while or it could just be my old Dell not working right. I was able to get to the site and get the rules. Thanks for letting me know. Hope to see you out there.
Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
thanks,
the GCKFA website was down for a while or it could just be my old Dell not working right. I was able to get to the site and get the rules. Thanks for letting me know. Hope to see you out there.
Chris
Yes sir - no problem! I'm signed up, although the weather forecast doesn't look so good....hopefully it will hold off long enough to catch a few fish.

--Potsie

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
gonna head out... see y'all at the Capt Meeting... RFBF on P'cola beach.

Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Okaloosa-Walton County Line to Pensacola FL out 20 NM
Friday Night
West winds 8 to 13 knots becoming northwest 5 to 10 knots. Seas around 1 foot. Dominant wave period 4 seconds. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening, then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight.

Saturday
Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots becoming west. Seas around 1 foot. Dominant wave period 3 seconds. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning, then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Here's the link - http://www.gulfcoastkayakfishing.com%2FTournament.htm

Attachments

·
New at this
166 Posts
My Kraken, Matrix Shad and Unfair Lures are primed and ready! Just hope I can get on the fish. Going to fish my best spots, whats yours? hahahahah!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well guys, I don't know what I'm doing out there and will be going my first time in a few weeks. A yak tournament would be awesome...bucket list sorta thing. But to all of you, Best Of Luck! I'll be watching the results this Saturday.

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome! I'll definitely be there....as usual. See y'all at the meeting. Does anyone have a definite time for the meeting? The site seems to be down. This club is a far cry from what it used to be.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Tournament Schedule of Event and Locations:
When: Tournament date is Saturday, June 30th, 2018
Where: Shoreline Park South, Gulf Breeze, Florida
Early Registration Starts: April 15th 2018
Early Registration Ends: Friday, June 1st, 2018
Online Registration Ends: June 26th 2018

Captain’s Meeting: Friday, June 29th, 2018 at 6:00 PM
Captains Meeting Location: Red Fish, Blue Fish Restaurant, 5 Via De Luna Dr, Pensacola Beach, FL 32561
Kayaks on the Water: To be announced at Captains Meeting
Fishing Start: To be announced at Captains Meeting

Weigh-in: 3:00-5:00 PM on June 30th 2018
Fishing Area: Mid Bay Bridge Destin (East) to Fort Morgan, AL (West). No North or South boundaries.
Early Bird Pricing: $50
Pricing After June 1st, 2018: $60

Attachments

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know you guys are out fishing right now, but where can I find the results? Looked at the website, but nothing there. Suggestions?
I don't know where you can see the results, but I can tell you who won 1st place flounder...ME! ALL three flounder spots were tied at 1.1lbs. I happened to be the first to weigh. There were bigger flounder, but they ended up being part of slams and we baby catchers got bumped up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats Yaka! A win is a win...no matter how it comes to you. Great job. I finally found all the results on Facebook! Just curious, what'd ya catch him with?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts