Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an hour to fish this morning,(10 AM)have not seen big mullet scooled recently, and water has been muddy in intercoastal, anyway. Was on private dock off 98 ,water is always shallow, and it was low tide too. Had one mullet rolled, and I saw the underside of another in the bright sun, and occasionally you get a good throw into the Wind, and I was able to get 12 Black mullet , 7 had white roe, 5 had yellow.I expected them to have roe in them, but, these were as full as you can get with out delivery. Were about 2 1/2lbs each, I had a good 20 lbs of fish, before cleaning. Stayed another hour, saw lot of what was probably specks, or small reds feeding on lot of bait .But that was only group I saw to throw at. I guess I am saying, probably was good time to fish, as lot of activity, but that is the first schooled up school of Black Mullet I have seen this year, (but I don't go often, so ,thats probably not worth much,) . But we have had a lot of muddy water past month or so. but, they were all headed West , so big run , must be few days away, first cold night, might be soon,, they look like they are ready for it, I know I am.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Roe has been full here in pensacola for two weeks now.Seems a little early but maybe it is a foreshadowing of the winter to come.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
The one's we got last tuesday was so full of roe they looked like they were going to pop. If you like mullet nows the time to get'em.

·
FastCast Custom Rods
1,069 Posts
We've been getting roe mullet for several weeks now, it's definetly not too early. Break out the smoker or the grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts