Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to get a rod to go with my Penn Squall 30. Will be using it primarily on the boat fishing for Mingo, Snapper, Grouper...Looked online at Ugly Stick Tiger rod but not sure. My budget won't allow for a $200 rod at this point so the price of Ugly Stick is attractive. What are your thoughts/recommendations

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have always purchased half hitch rods in the past. However, I would higly suggest looking in to a brand of rods made by Pinnacle Saltwater Marine. You can find them on ebay. They are phenominal rods. They are hand made by a guy in texas. We bought 6 for Christmas and couldnt be more pleased. I dont think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Rod

Our spring sale starts 6 weeks from today if you can wait. Great selection at great prices and you keep it local. Buying rods online can turn into problems when you have to deal with warranty issues. Just a suggestion

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our spring sale starts 6 weeks from today if you can wait. Great selection at great prices and you keep it local. Buying rods online can turn into problems when you have to deal with warranty issues. Just a suggestion
Actually I just shop online to see what is out there and do comparisons. When its time to make the actual purchase I do it face to face. 6 weeks should be good. Got me a good Shimano rod and Penn reel at your last Spring's sale. Along with other bargains:yes:

·
Registered
210 Posts
TeaSea, be careful if you want to buy "a" rod at the Outcast Sale. I find it like eating potato chips--hard to stop at one. Last year I got 3, I think. One was an experiment which turned out to be my best fish catcher of the year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts