Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to get a new light action rod soon and would like some recommendations. Its just the rod. Price range isaround $100. Right now, I'm looking at the St. Croix 6-7 ft.

Any opinions?

Also, does anyone have reviews for the St. Croix?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I got hooked on a couple of Star light tackle rods and have used them alot this year.

If I remember correctly, it's a 7' 8-12# rod that I use 30# braid on with a little Penn 430ssg.

A friend bought it for me as a gift and I'vecaught a ton of inshore fish on it and I also use it for jigging for hardtails at the rigs. I've had a lot of customs and several ST. Croix's and this one has out-performed them all. Despite the soft tip, it's got alot more backbone than I ever expected.While bait fishing on the rigs forhardtail, I've caught everything from keeper snapper, kings, jack crevalle, scampand even keeper AJ on it. I was so impressed with it that I went and bought another a few months ago.

I can get the exact model off the rod if your interested.

·
Super Moderator
12,804 Posts
i have a 7' premier series (black blank)St. Croix... it's medium light action, perfect for throwing doa's or flyline a shrimp... cost me about $90 bucks at GBB&T.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
i have a calcutta rod for sale. its in your price range and im sure theres tons of people on here that will tell you how sweet these rods are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts