Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
What a crazy event. So sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine what it was like or what it would have been like to not see it in person, and to discover the devastation later. What's next? Do you rebuild a dock? Do you now have what will develop into a deep water honey hole or will the river eventually fill it back in with silt/sand? Was is a sinkhole or a massive, sudden erosion event? Is this something you would alert the state to? Sorry for the 20 questions but I have never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I was already contemplating getting rid of the lot. I put the word out saturday that I was thinking of selling out and by saturday afternoon I had it pending sold. As of yesterday afternoon it's no longer mine. Gonna try and relocate to Eufaula. Tired of fluctuating water levels. Being so close to the dam the water changes drastically.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Has Alabama where you live had drought conditions? We get them in central Florida when more water is being sucked out of the ground than replenished.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
The Alabama Kraken.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Those are scary but wouldn’t it be cool to know where those trees are located now? Right where they went in at or possibly two or three hundred yards underground somewhere. Maybe even further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts