Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a boat to use in the Choctawhatchee bay and river, don't need to go out the pass to the big water. Thinking aluminum, maybe bass boat. Never had a stick steer, just looking for opinions and experience here.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Looking to get a boat to use in the Choctawhatchee bay and river, don't need to go out the pass to the big water. Thinking aluminum, maybe bass boat. Never had a stick steer, just looking for opinions and experience here.
Shameless plug here: https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f50/carolina-skiff-j16-40hp-yamaha-minn-kota-trollinng-motor-925328/

This particular boat has ran every ounce of water on the choctawhatchee South of I-10 for the last 5 or so years.
I dont fish the river very much but I do pig/deer/alligator hunt it.
I have had a few aluminum boats and if you want a quality AL boat, your gonna need to drop a fair bit of coin for an equivalent Glass boat.
I dont have the balls to run a bass boat on the river as there is a lot of crap to hit and I see guys doing well over 40 and it just looks like an opportunity for something to go south. It isnt if you will hit something on the river, it is when.
I never had a stick boat that I can recall, I like having a traditional helm.
I shifted my console about 1' forward and it made the boat much better riding and turning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts