Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out to the boat this evening and imagine my horror. My new (to me) Taylormade Boat cover has a 3ft RIP!!! Water had pooled and ripped through! I had not noticed that my support had failed. Hell, I hadn't even realized that it rained...

I see that there are boat cover repair kits, but how effective are they? Do I need to have it professionally repaired or just use a DIY kit? I dont want a half assed repair on a $500 cover.

And yes, I know I need to fix the reason that water pooled in the first place. Working on that. :-/

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,069 Posts
Iffen its "new" there should be a warranty on their stuff.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, two problems with that.
First, it was not a defect that ripped it, it was my fault that I let water pool in it.
Second, I bought it in "like new" condition from a fellow PFF member. It looked like it had never been on a boat. Let me clarify, I am not mad at him in any way. It was exactly as he represented it. The rip is entirely my fault.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I had to get some cover support poles at academy to keep water off. Don't get them from west $$$$ shower curtain rod would probably work too. I'd call Taylor made and see they may work with you, or be able to repair it for a decent fee.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I read one of those tips in a fishing magazine. This guy used the big exercise balls & blew them up & placed them to hold up the canvas where it wouldn't pool water.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take it to Shreck's on Garden St.
I bet she can fix it for you. Nice lady too.
What town? I'm guessing P'cola?
I'm in Montgomery...

Thanks for all of the idea on how to support cover, but I've already got an idea about that. I just need to figure out how to fix the rip in the cover.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. I would expect you could find a local canvas shop to repair it. There is a guy here in Pcola who could do it but that would be a hike for you.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. I would expect you could find a local canvas shop to repair it. There is a guy here in Pcola who could do it but that would be a hike for you.
I wish. There's no canvas shop here. We dont even have a West Marine or a single boat dealer nearby...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts