Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snuck down from Atlanta on Wednesday for a quick over nighter with my son. Hit it just right. The seas laid down at noon (just as forecast!) and we ran to the Petromuis. We trolled for a while and nothing but a cuda. At dark we were jigging with no hits and no marks on the fishfinder. I decided to run to the Ram Powell but short stopped at the Marlin. We got into the blackfin and stayed real busy. Also caught a fes sharks and had some mystery break offs. Some were definately tuna with their tail vibration ( big black fin or Yellows ?) but others just hit at about 100 feet and took off ( AJ' ?). Anyway beautiful night ; calm, warm, and full moon. Lost all of my jigs and ran back in at 3AM. We had noticed a weird ripple on the water on the way out. There was rippled water with large calm spots. Once I pulled the boat we found why. The tunnel of my cat was covered in oil sheen. I hope it doesn't get much worse I have out of state buds coming in 2 weeks. Great day on the water with my son, no visible oil and great seas.

·
eating tasty
3,874 Posts
I think we saw you out there, we were fishing in a 26 ft Pursuit at the MP255 and ya'll trolled by. You were the only other boat we saw out there all day, and it was FLAT! We made it to Petronius and got a few BFT and no oil sheen on our boat, I'll post a report soon. Glad ya'll made it out, we may have been the last people to fish the rigs for a long time now :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep That was us. Glad you caught some to. It was a beautiful day and I hope it isn't the last this spring. The sheen was only in the tunnel, none on the sides. I think it was from oil drops being sprayed up as we ran. I'd post pics but left the camera on the table at home

1 - 4 of 4 Posts