Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy calls before the sea trial saying his wife won't let him sell the boat. :blink: What a joke...

Needless to say I was not pleased considering it's been for sale almost a month. Oh well, the search continues.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Hate to say it, but she Sounds like a keeper.......... ( Other than the being a Controlling Bitch part.)..............................lol

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you looking for? A coworker is getting a DEE-vorce...
I'd love to find a nice 246/250 SF World Cat, but the boat that I was going to sea trial was a pristine looking '05 Cape Horn 24 with 4 strokes...the kind of deal that's almost too good to pass up.

·
On a boat
901 Posts
Hate to hear you missed this one but there will always be others. Personally I would keep looking at the catamarans and skip monos unless your going inboard (Shamrock).

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hate to hear you missed this one but there will always be others. Personally I would keep looking at the catamarans and skip monos unless your going inboard (Shamrock).
Yeah, the cat is my first choice. Only wanted to see that 24 Cape due to the price, excellent condition, and all maintenance records all the way back to when the boat was built being available.

Back to Boat Trader and Search Tempest!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I'd love to find a nice 246/250 SF World Cat, but the boat that I was going to sea trial was a pristine looking '05 Cape Horn 24 with 4 strokes...the kind of deal that's almost too good to pass up.
There was a heck of a deal on a 28ish foot cape horn on craigslist last week. Almost brand new HPDI's on it. It looked like a fine boat.

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
There was a heck of a deal on a 28ish foot cape horn on craigslist last week. Almost brand new HPDI's on it. It looked like a fine boat.
This one? The '05 31 with twin '05 300 HPDIs in Fairhope for $45k?

http://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/4130967282.html

Yeah I called about it but I'd rather have 4 strokes even though many post '04 300 HPDIs don't have any problems. I called and talked to the guy about it and it's been kept up and has all updates/recalls performed and just had new exhaust tuners installed. Only has 420 hours, but would need new electronics (old model stuff in it).

·
On a boat
901 Posts
This one? The 31 with twin 300 HPDIs in Fairhope?

http://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/4130967282.html

Yeah I called about it but I'd rather have 4 strokes even though many 300 HPDIs don't have any problems. I called and talked to the guy about it and it's been kept up and has all updates/recalls performed and just had new exhaust tuners installed. Only has 420 hours, but would need new electronics (old model stuff in it).

Seems like a lot of boat for the money. Another $5-8k in electronics and it would be top-notch.

·
Team Jack 'Em Up
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Yeah those are good deals, but not what I'm looking for since I'm really wanting a center console.
You need to get what you want. I love center consoles but regardless of the size...someone will get wet during rough weather. Not a problem in the summer but not so good in late fall, winter, or early spring. That WAC cat sure looks dry. It would certainly extend your fishing days. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts