Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any rigging suggestions or ideas for mounting a rod holder and Garmin GPS to a Revo 13. I know RAM and Scotty make a good product for mounts. Read one suggestion of mounting GPS on RAM mount inside cup holder.

Was thinking of a Scotty rectangular ball mount on Rt side forward of the mesh holder. Is there a preference of Scotty mounts vs RAM mounts?

Any suggestions or pics would be aprreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Bought a Ram ball mount that fits in the sail mast hole for my Revo 11 and Outback. Then a dog bone and mount for my FF or GPS. I also picked up a slick battery pack ready to go at Academy (have also seen them at Bass Pro, but Academy is $39 and Bass Pro is $59h, the Stealthcam battery kit for the hunting cameras. Comes with 7ah battery already mounted in small dry box, charger, etc. I put it under the front hatch and simply string the wire under the lip of the front hatch.

Best wishes with your new Hobie. These are a kick to fish from.

Mark

·
Registered
105 Posts
For mounting electronics Ram ball mounts are better. They allow you to adjust the angle of viewing to exactly what you want. The scotty mounts only allow for adjustment to certain fixed positions.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Try em both and see which works better for you. I've had both but prefer scotty mounts since they're more robust for my purposes.

Be sure you mount them far enough forward so that it won't interfere with your paddle stroke when (NOT IF) your drive breaks!

Good luck!
Alex

·
Registered
947 Posts
I use 1 1/2" RAM tube style rod holders, but that was before Scotty came out with their tube rod holders - which I would use if I had the choice now. They are mounted far enough forward so not to interfere with the paddle. I do have a 1" RAM mount for the FF. Works great. Hobie rod holder inserts in the tank well molded-in rod holders . I considered a dog bone mount in the sail tube, but I was not happy with it...

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
on my revo13 I have a 1.5" ram ball with a ram tube on the right side. (Note that i HATE the tube mainly because I cant troll with it because it slips on the ball. On the left side I have a yakattacknslidetrack and I bought attachments to put my fish finder and gopro on it. I love the yakattack/ram combo there. I can easily move my ff/gopro to any position any time I need to. I also have another slidetrack on the back right side that I use for mounting my ram transducer arm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts