Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you all are targetting reds, howdo yourig the gulp? Circle hook w/asinker to the bottom or jig head only?

--New guy looking for ideas. Thanks

BR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how would you cast the weedless setup? It can't weigh enough to get much distance, esp with a breeze.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
figure with the gulp and the hook itll probably weigh close to 1/2oz...it'll cast fine. if not you can always buy weighted hooks and rig them, which i like to do when i'm fishing docks and theres some current

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
biggamefishr (9/22/2008)figure with the gulp and the hook itll probably weigh close to 1/2oz...it'll cast fine. if not you can always buy weighted hooks and rig them, which i like to do when i'm fishing docks and theres some current

or you can put a small bullet weight in front of the hook.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have rigged them on a Texas rig like you would do a plastic worm, using a worm hook and a bullet lead. That will give you a weedless set up. I have used keeper hooks instead of worm hooks that that has worked OK.

The last time out I was using 1/2 oz jigs with live shrimp but later switched to Gulp, we not only landed a few Reds, but also pulled in a couple of flounder and a 7 lb trigger. I usually use a red wire leader for these set ups.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts